[One-Shot #4 Midari] Priorities

Requested: -duraznitolol

Pairing: Jealous Reader

Warning: None

Words: 715

---

It was annoying for you to see your girlfriend to be obsessed with someone that hated her. You slowly started to be jealous of Yumeko, due to Midari’s lack of attention to you. You thought of an idea, although you didn’t want to go through with it, you knew it was the only way to teach Midari a lesson. You were going to act the same way as Yumeko, as if she wasn’t real, cutting Midari’s life out of existence. Every moment of the day, you ignored Midari, never once looking at her direction or acknowledging her. The school took notice of your actions, quicker than Midari, and knew that something went wrong. Midari was clueless, she had no idea what made you act this way, or why. 

She walked down the hallway, her eyebrows furrowed. She looked over to see Yumeko with Ryouta trailing behind her. He tensed up, a frown on his knowing Midari had done something wrong, he already had a feeling it was about Yumeko. Yumeko halted beside Midari, under her breath she spoke. 

“You’re very pitiful,” She closed her eyes. “You better figure out what you did before you lose her for good. That would be a terrible sight to see. The clock is ticking.”  She walked away, Ryouta giving Midari sympathy, his expression of concern.

Midari looked down at her hands. “What could I possible. . .have done. . .” 

She looked back at her most recent date with you. The way she was only talking about Yumeko. Yumeko this, Yumeko that -- she felt embarrassed. She never considered your feelings, nor did she even notice the angered induced expression, and the hatred and montous voice. She messed up big time, and now she needed to get her priorities in place.

She ran down the hallway, her mind now on the council, needing help. She busted the doors open to see a startled Runa sitting in one of the seats. “What the -- hey! You scared me!” 

“Runa!” Midari went over to the short girl. “I need your help! Please! I need a plan to make Y/N feel better about this whole Yumeko thing, and to forgive me about it as well!”

Runa scowled. “This seems a little too personal for me to barge into.”

Midari smashed her hand on the table. “I don’t care, I need her!” 

Runa sighed. “Fine! Stop being so aggressive!”

***

Midari stood in front of your door. You hadn’t replied to any of her messages to meet up, nor the messages of her guilt towards what she did. She knocked on the door, biting her lip, her hand stuffed in her pocket. You sighed, knowing it was Midari, and you went down to open the door. Midari’s eyes lightened up upon seeing your face. She took notice of the dark circles and bags. 

“Y/N!” Midari cired. “I’m so sorry! I know what I did wrong, and I didn’t mean to make you feel horrible. It was stupid of me talk about Yumeko on and off.” She laughed, humorlessly. “I’m not too good with these. . . But, please understand that I love you very much!”

You sighed, not fully believing Midari, but you let her in. She walked into the house awkwardly, and you saw she was carrying a case. She went into the living room, taking paper out of her pocket. 

She turned to you, taking your hand. “This is not all I have. . .” She took out a small ukulele(which she self taught herself in short notice). She set the paper down, and started to sing, the ukulele being played along with. 

You felt tears dripping down your face. It was odd -- rare -- for Midari to show her feelings out so openly. You’d usually have to dig deeper to find out what she was thinking about. Her voice was unique, it was beautiful, by the time she stopped you were an emotional mess. She was still on her knee, and she held out a promise ring for you. You laughed at her gentle smile. 

“Never forget, I have my eyes only on you.” 

“I won’t,” You kissed her lips. “Never again.” You smirked. “Just shut up about Yumeko, would you?”

Midari chuckled. “Yes, ma’am.”