[One-Shot #20 Mary] You Never Truly Know

Requested: revenjeed

Warning: Past Abuse, Fighting

Words: 363

---

It wasn't what you both wanted, but in the heat, you were yelling at each other. You don't remember why, or how it got started, all you knew was it wasn't going to end without one leaving the house, or crying tears of panic. This day, it wasn't either, you barely mentioned it to her, but before you met Mary, your life was a living hell. With Mary, you felt love and peace, right now? You felt the memori resurfacing.

You see her huff in frustation and the second she moved her hand you flinched. You heard the yelling of your mother/father/etc cussing you out, flashes of a belt being used to hit you. You covered your hands, an instinct to protect you from the impending hit from her hand, but it never came, though your trace stayed all the same.

"Yes, I--Y/N?" You heard her voice muffled. "What are you. . ." You could see her confused and hurt expression as she tired to get closer to you, but all it did was cause more panic. You backed away, into the wall, crouching to the ground, trying all your might to get away from her. Your sobs were the only sound in the house and Mary felt guilty.

You felt her slowly hug you close, her heart beat calming you down as it raced against your own. "No matter how mad, frustrated, or irritated--hitting you would never happen. I'm so sorry. No one will hurt you, I would not do what they did, okay? Take a deep breath."

Soon enough, you felt her pick you up, she held you close as you calmed down. You could feel her touch, her arms holding you as they clasped together on your stomach. You knew she would never, but it triggered something, you loved Mary and she loved you. She saw you fall asleep as a random TV show played in front of you.

"Goodnight," She kissed your temple.

The next day and so forth, she kept her anger to minimum and also communicated to you when something was going wrong. You appreciated it