[One-Shot #12 Midari] The Way She Is

Requested: midarislefteye

Warning: Argument

Words: 625

Notes: From Midari Imagines

---

“Are you stupid, Midari?!” You shouted, frustration and worry getting the best of you. “You go out your way to feel pain taking risks that will get you killed! Have you ever thought about what that would make me feel to see you hurt?! You’re so reckless, running around with your revolver begging others to make you feel death! You lost your eye to Kirari by your own hand, almost got your finger cut off by some random Bami girl, and you lost respect from Yumeko from being in a stupid game of Russian Roulette!”

Midari looked at you like a kid being caught in a cookiejar. “Where is this coming from? Y/N you can’t be serious, this is who I am! I can’t help it! I like to take risks, it’s so exhilarating, the feeling--” 

“Would you listen to yourself! This is going to get you killed. You can’t go running around asking people to shoot you. What would happen if they do, and you end up dead in a chair with me on the side lines! Have you ever considered that?!” She looked away. “The hell.”

She watched you walk away, feeling her heart become numb. Your smile turned into fear and disappointment. She knew she did something wrong, but she doesn’t understand why you were so upset about it. She has always been like this, Yumeko may not like it, but you were more emotional. 

“She’ll come back, and everything will be okay.” She laid her head on the table, looking at the shine of her revolver. “Everything will be okay when she’s back, everything always is.”

***

It has been a day since your argument, and Midari had a feeling that you were ignoring. She didn't know if she deserved it or not, but she knew she wasn't thinking about you when she was messing around with life and death. She walked into the council room, greeting Sayaka with a barely audible hey, and she sat down.

"I wouldn't think you'd be here." Yuriko said.

Midari looked over at her. "Why not?"

"Well, Y/N is in the infirmary." She informed.

"What?!" Midari looked at her dumbfounded. "Don't joke around!"

Yuriko sighed. "I'm not, that would be inappropriate." Midari got up from her chair, running out the door.

"At least she cares for someone, that girl." Yuriko mumbled.

"Ehehehehehehehe! I know right!" Runa exclaimed.

***

Midari rushed into the infirmary, seeing you with bandages all over your body. She rushed over to you, and halted before hugging you. You looked at her, stained tears on your cheeks, and you embraced her. She tensed, not sure what she do after your valid argument against her.

"What happened to you?" She asked.

You looked up at her, her careless wild expression was gone with a worrisome and curious one. You nuzzled into her shirt.

"I wanted to talk to you again," You explained. "Midari, I was wrong to yell at you like that. You're right that is you, and that is why I love you -- you're you."

She laughed.

"But, please forgive me." You said.

Midari bent down to you, holding your face in your hands. "Does this mean I can go after Yumeko for a gamble?!"

You burst into laughter, tears not letting up. "Of course, she promised me," She looked at you. "That you won't die in this place."

She smiled, goofy. "Okay, I can promise you that!" You kissed her. "Hey, what was that for?"

"Don't want kisses?"

"I didn't say that, give me another."

"Uh, Midari don't you have a meeting?"

"Huh?" She shrugged. "They're boring."

"Okay, you can stay with me."

"Hell yeah!"

The way she is, is perfect.