Chapter 20

" Hey Eve" I turned to see Jeffery giving me a cheeky smile.

"Hey Jeff! What's up?" I asked taking my books from my locker.

"I was thinking that we could go camping some time" I looked up at him and saw uncertainty in his eyes almost like he wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

"That's a great idea! What place do you have in mind?" We start walking slowly passing by talking teenagers and nerdy nerds as he explains the plan and place he has got in mind. By the time he's done I'm already an excited mess.

"I can't wait! I'll ask Megan and Amber and then text you alright?"

"Yeah that would be great. Do you have my number though?"

"Yes I do, anyways got to meet Megan and Amber see you after class!"

"Bye!"

I head off towards Megan's locker feeling giddy and excited about the whole camping thing. I see them both chatting away and I decide to creep up on them, as I slowly stalk towards them ,they don't notice and when I'm close enough I jump up saying "boo". Their reactions are priceless as I stand there laughing my head off. When I'm done Megan is still recovering from the scare and Amber is standing there with her hands folded.

" I swear to god Eve if you hadn't moved away I was going to knee you in the stomach!" Amber says unfolding her hands.

"That would have been hurtful but the looks on your face were priceless and totally worth it!"

"So what's up?" Amber asks as we start walking.

"Jeff was thinking if we should go camping this weekend!"

"That's amazing! Give us the details" I noticed Megan was quiet when I said Jeff's name but I let it go. After I told them them the details they were excited as hell....atleast Amber was. We said our good byes and I was on my way to biology class when an arm looped around my waist and pulled me to a hard well built chest.

"Hey princess" I smiled at the cute nickname and his way of swooping on me.

"Hey Cam" I turned around and gave him a peck on the cheek

"You heard about the camping thing?" Apparently Cameron's eyes didn't hide his excitement and I felt nothing but the same towards our plan.

"Yes and I'm so excited!!"

"Me too, anyways bye need to head to gym"

"Bye" he gave me a swift peck on the nose for god knows what reason and ran towards the gym. Everything was perfect! God I was gonna miss these munchkins !

The day went slowly and for some reason I had a feeling something bad was going to happen today. I barely ate during lunch and when Megan pointed it out I just excused myself and ran into the washroom. What was wrong with me?

The day dragged on until I found myself on my front porch. I opened the door and the television was on. I entered the hall and my mom was sitting on the couch with her head in her hands.

"Mom are you okay?" I ran up to her just as she looked up. Her eyes were rimmed with water and were red. My gut feeling today during lunch was right , something bad was coming.

"Eve, we can't move" I looked at her like she had popped a second head.

"Mom if your having second thought about Rose and me adjusting then don't ......" She cut in between.

"Eve we're going back to Beatrice, Nebraska" I stared at her in horror. No we couldn't be going back to that place. Not now, not ever. Why me?, why so suddenly?. I thought I had escaped my past for good but now I was going back to that hell hole.