Chapter 17

I jumped out of bed and ran into the washroom to empty my guts again but i had done it so many times now nothing came out. My body was weak and my forehead had some hair stuck to it because of sweat.I washed my face hoping to feel fresh....i tied my hair in a bun and dropped on my bed. I was feeling soo lethargic that I couldn't even check what time it was but i figured it was evening.

My stomach rumbled at the absence of lunch.My headache was slightly there but other than that i was still weak and nauseous.

"Your awake Eve! How are you feeling? And you have a visitor by the way" my mom came and sat next to me slowly massaging my head and shoulders.

"Who is it?"

"Its me, Cameron"

I looked up from my sleeping position to see Cameron standing there leaning against the door.

"Oh hey! What did I miss at school today?"

"Not much, Megan said she'd take  tomorrow off from school and spend the day with you. Amber is going to do the same thing. And Mark asked me to tell you that if your not coming tomorrow to send a text to him"

"Thank you"

"No problem!"

"okay then,i'll leave you two alone come down if you  want to have some leftover cinnamon cakes"

I looked to my side completely forgetting that she was in the same room as us.

"Don't worry about it Melinda we'll be down"

As she left she closed the door leaving Cameron and me in the same room. I sighed and looked up at ceiling.

"Did you get your test reports?"

"Nope, they said we'd get it by day after"

"Oh, i missed not being able to see you today"

I looked at him and saw him blush a bit.I smiled to myself and looked at ceiling again.This was getting pretty awkward.

"You know this new kid joined our school today!"

"The kid who goes by the name of Austin Lockhart?"

"Yeah him! How did you know?"

"He's my neighbor and we had tea with him"

"Oh, he seemed to blend in with the students very well."

"He's such a douche! He was acting so good in front of my mom and his and then when we went up to his room he told me to get out and he even called me a creep!"

"You went into his damn room?"

"Out of everything i said that's the question you ask me?"

"Did something happen in there?"

"Gosh Cameron! No!"

" How dare he call you a creep! That son of a b***h is going to get it from me tomorrow!"

I looked up shocked at the sudden anger boiling in Cameron and his use of words. His fist was clenched and so was his jaw. I sighed and got up....I had never seen Cameron like this and I didn't know how to calm him down. So i stalked over to him and took his hand in mine. At that fortunately he seemed to snap out of his anger and looked at me. I stroked his knuckles and gave a small smile.

"Your not going to do anything to him ok?"

"But he...."

"No buts ok?"

"Fine! But don't let him  get to you okay?

"Yeah, okay"

"You ready to have some cinnamon cakes?"

"Last one down is a rotten egg!"

With that I dashed out of the room and literally flew down the stairs. When I reached the kitchen I saw the cakes on a plate and I took the most iced one.

"Not fair! You had a head start"

"I'm not really fit it should have been easy for you to catch up"

" I don't mean the race.....I mean the cake!"

"Aww......I took your favorite piece didn't I "

"Wait a min there is something on your cake"

I looked down and felt Cameron step closer.

"What? I don't see it!"

"Its right there "

And when I held the cake back he snatched it from my hand.

"Cameronnnnnn! That's not fair!"

"Now its fair"

Cameron turned red laughing his head off and I took the chance to chase him but as usual he was fast to catch on and ran away. We ran around the house like this until we decided to split fifty-fifty. By the time we were done with our fun it was eight and Cameron had to leave. I hadn't felt nauseous all this while and I was somewhat happy. I had to take the week off and I was sad as hell because I would have to complete a boat load of notes.

I went upstairs and took out my book from my bed side drawer and started to do some more things in it. After some time I started feeling nauseous so I went into the kitchen to get water but I ended up emptying my guts again. I was tired and I dropped on my bed with a slight groan. I fell asleep very soon....I was engulfed in a black peaceful void.