Chapter 19

I gasped as I looked at him seeing a sea of emotion in his eyes. He really liked me! How could I react to this?

I looped my arms around his neck and brought myself closer to him as he wrapped his arms around my waist keeping his head on my shoulder. We stayed like that for a while until he pulled back and went down on one knee while holding out one of his hand.

I looked down at him surprised at the sudden position change. I kept my hand in his as he held it tightly and took a deep breathe.

"Evelyn Sharkey will you do the honours of going on a date with me"

I smiled, today was amazing! I nodded as he slowly got of the ground and enveloped me in a warm hug.

"Now let's head to that ice cream parlour before your friends go all "mom" on us."

I chuckled and we started walking as he slung his arm on my shoulder. Today couldn't get any better! Or maybe I was wrong......when we entered the ice cream parlor Jeffery, Amber and Megan had two full sundaes sitting on their tables.

When we neared the table I could see Megan trying to keep Amber's hand away from the sundaes. I chuckled, maybe a little to loudly because they all turned towards us.

Megan and Amber got out squealing and pushing Jeffery off his seat in the process. I was taken into a huge group hug as both of them screamed "congratulations". I pulled away looking confused, I didn't even speak a word about what had happened then how did they know?

"Jeffrey told us!" Megan answered as if reading my mind.

"Ohhh" I said smiling at Jeffery

As we got into the booth Amber shoved one of the sundaes towards me containing three of my favorite flavors which only they knew.

I looked at the sundae and then my vision went to my thighs. I was never self-conscious but now I was and my friends knew about it before they got to know about my reports. I looked up my eyes becoming watery. I stood up making everyone look at me.

"I umm....need to use the washroom" my voice cracked in between and I cursed at myself. Cameron looked at me with concern but let me out of the booth. As soon as I was out I ran to the washroom tears streaming down my face.....

Cameron's POV

She stood up all of sudden and excused herself to the washroom. In that moment I looked at her I had seen tears in eyes which she was trying really hard not to show but it wasn't working with me. She was my princess I wasn't going to let her hide her feelings from me.

I let her go and as she ran I got up too, at the same time Megan and Amber got up looking at me.

"We'll go check, Cameron" Megan spoke up concern laced in her voice. I nodded as they both ran towards the washroom and I sat back down my head in my hands. Jeffery was saying soothing things to me but there was something else on my mind. Did they know something I didn't? If yes then why didn't she tell me?

We waited for about twenty minutes until all three of them came out. Eve's eyes were puffy and red which meant she was crying. I had to know what set her off like this. When everyone settled down everything went back to normal with jokes being past and Eve trying to eat up her sundae in one go so that Amber wouldn't have it.

She was so good at pretending that she was happy but I knew now that there was something else to that life of hers and I was going to find out soon........

Evelyn's POV

I couldn't stop the tears flowing down my face as I looked at myself in mirror with disgust! Why wasn't I slim like every other girl, why didn't I have the perfect figure which I always craved for? Why was I such a ugly bitch still alive!

I pulled at my hair crying my eyes out as I leaned on the wall and slowly went down to the ground. I heard the door open and someone say "shit". I felt a hand wrap around my shoulders pulling me to them and by the sweet scent I knew it was Megan. I cried on her shoulder as she soothed me.

I heard someone else and the next thing I knew I was helped up and it was then that I saw Amber. Megan took a tissue and wet it under the sink slowly rubbing my eyes and the tear stains on my face. This time Amber came next to me as I leaned on her.

Megan looked at me and I knew that I was going to get another pep talk from her.

"I'm not going to give you a pep talk because lover boy outside won't be able to wait that long but i'm going to say this truthfully and not just cause i'm your best friend but because I care for you. Eve you are beautiful the way you are! Sweetheart you don't need a perfect figure,perfect features and you don't have to be slim! Its not what Cameron started liking in the first place! He liked you for what you are right now!"

I looked at her seeing her face glow with determination.

"And its what Amber and me love you for. Because of what you are right now! So don't let us down by pretending to be someone we don't know."

I wiped my eyes and hugged both of them.

"You guys are right. I'm loved for who I am and I won't change myself one bit"

"That's my girl! Now apply lip gloss and we can go out before loverboy decides to come in here" Amber chuckled.

I gave a small smile and applied lip gloss. We stepped out and I saw Cameron with his head in hands. His attention went towards us when Jeffrey said something. We got into the booth and everything went back to normal as I pretended to be myself......the "nonexistent" happy me.

From the corner of my eye I saw Cameorn looking at me thoughtfully but I kept trying to eat my sundae in one go not letting Amber have a taste. The night went like this except with Cameron being unusually quiet and lost. I felt sorry....I must be the worst person he must have asked out on a date!!