Chapter 4

Cameron's POV

The time I saw her again was when I heard her scream in the hallway,the way she stared at the place where I always stood every morning. To her it looked like I didn't notice her staring at me but deep inside I loved the way she got lost in staring at me with those marine green eyes and it made me laugh every time her friend had to make her come back to the real world just by stepping on her foot. I had heard her name a few times whenever her friend would call out to her after class.

 Somehow she mattered to me and I decided that I would have her in my life no matter as what, a friend,enemy,best friend or my girlfriend. On Monday I went and stood in the same spot with my pal Jeffrey and there she was staring at me when, she screamed and I had to look, it was then that she caught me looking at her, her face was flushed a deep red as she turned around to head of to her class.

I rushed out of my biology class the minute the bell rang and stood next to her locker talking to Jeffrey when she came. I started the conversation first and then finally got the courage to aske her to lunch, I knew she wouldn't come alone and I was stated correct after she asked me if she could get her friend Megan along, who i'm guessing is her best friend in heels. Our lunch time passed by quickly and I began to like her more and more.

The way she laughed softly and the way her smile sent  warmth through me was all it took for me to come to the conclusion that I would not give up on getting her. Tuesday morning and my eyes started searching for Evelyn the minute I entered High school.....I spotted her sandy brown hair and headed off to where she was standing.......

"Hey wanna walk to class together?" I asked. She slammed the locker door and turned around toward me, anger visible in her eyes but her mind deep in thought.

"Woah,someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" I said my brow furrowed equally annoyed. I made up my mind to turn around and walk away when I felt her hand grabbing my arm, I'm surprised by her action and she seems surprised by her own action too. "Sorry, I didn't mean to annoy you" she squeaks...her face red in embarrassment as she turns on her heels and rushes off to class.

Evelyn's POV

My whole English period slipped off minute by minute and I was in deep thought. My mind had so many questions....Should I tell both my friends about me leaving?,  How will they react?,  How will I adjust to the new surroundings?,  Does Cameron like me?,  Is he still annoyed at me for grabbing his arm?,  Is he thinking about me the way I am?

"Earth to Evelyn", my partner Mark said  while waving his hand in front of my face.

"Oh sorry can I help you?", I said snapping out of my daydream.

"Yea, Mr Ferns paired us up for the project he gave" he said giving me a questioning look.

"Was I lost for that long?!" I saw panicking on missing out the details of the project. "Don't worry, I noticed you were disturbed and wrote down the details for you" he said smiling. I smile back and we go into a deep conversation on what to do for the English project and finally decide to meet up at my house in the evening to complete it.....

Mark was a pretty good partner for the project and we completed half the project on the same day. After a fifteen minute break we decided that we would let the break drag on for an hour or so. Fortunately my sister wasn't at home to disturb us so we started discussing about our favorite books,hobbies etc. A vibration made us stop talking and it turned out that Mark had to go home. After a quick good bye I decided to lie down for a while it was then that I realized how tired I was and I immediately fell asleep.........