Chapter 24

Because of my sickness and how unstable I was our shifting was due after two months!! i couldn't believe i got to stay with my friends for two more months! Amber couldn't have been happier and as for Megan she had become very quite all and less Megan-ish all of a sudden and it was troubling.After about a week of me getting discharged from the hospital we decided to go for this fair that was on the other side of town.

After sometime even Austin started becoming a part of our squad and everything was all happiness and laughter. I even caught Amber eyeing Austin.

It was a Sunday morning and Iwas awaken by my phone ringing....I looked at the caller id and found Amber's name flashing on it so I picked it up.

"Whose ready for some games and fun!!!!" I held the phone away from my ear as Amber's excited voice blared through it. Today was the day we set of for the fair.

"A little too early to call ain't it Amber....go and sleep hun" I smiled while saying this...knowing what Amber would say next.

"Oh no don't you dare tell me to sleep Eve! Today is the day we stuff ourselves with cotton candy, pop corn and loads of junk food! We will be there in ten...be ready or we're taking you in your pajamas" I laughed a little and then cut the phone.I got off from my bed and headed to my full length mirror.....

What have you done to yourself Eve......I thought to myself. My face had become thinner and my cheekbones were visible, my weight had gone down at an incredible speed....at one time I had craved for such an appearance but now that I saw how it actually felt from inside I didn't like it one bit.

I headed into the washroom and took a quick shower.....I left the curling iron to heat up and chose to go with black lace shorts and a white arctic monkeys crop top which exposed just a little of my belly. I applied mascara,powder and strawberry lipgloss. I put on my plain black vans and started curling my hair.

Just as I was done with my last strand i heard a shout from outside my window. I looked out to see Amber waving excitedly next a huge Hummer and a very amused Austin shaking his head. I switched off my curling wand and grabbed my black leather bag, I headed downstairs to the house extremely quite and I knew Rose and mum were still asleep so i left a note attached to the fridge.

I stepped out and pulled the door into place just as Amber came rushing to me...her bear hugs were much stronger than normal bear hugs and it scared me a bit.

"Hey gurl! You look wowz! You took your meds by the way?" I smiled and nodded as we headed to the big Hummer. In the driver's seat was Cameron and in the back seat was Megan....they seemed to be in a deep conversation so i let them be. Austin came to me and gave me another bone crushing hug....recently him and me come off on good terms so we kept it that way.

"Hey Eve! You ready?"

"More than i'll ever be" i smiled just as my stomach growled. And i saw Amber give me a questioning look.

"Umm...Eve did you have breakfast?" Amber crossed her arms as she waited for an answer.

"I had a banana....." Amber gave me a disappointed look.

"Eve you have to eat properly...your not helping yourself you know!" I knew she was right and i hung my head down feeling like a small kid getting scolded at for breaking a vase.

"I'm Sorry" i say looking up at her. I really didn't want to ruin her mood.

"Sorry isn't going to make you better you know...." she gave me a hug but not a bear one. "Eve we'll stop at Tim Hortons and i'll get you one of the wraps and one frappe alright?"

i nod my head and i take my seat in the passenger seat next to Cameron. Amber is back to her excited mood and is chatting with Megan about the amazing games in the fair and Austin is with his earphones not giving two shits about the world. I smile to myself forgetting about my sickness, Andres,Beatrice and all my troubles.

"Hey there Eve" Cameron's deep voice cuts into my thoughts.

"Oh hey....." I don't know why, i felt like i was distant to him all of a sudden...i didn't feel close like how i used to....something had changed.

Cameron's POV

If I could I would have dug a hole and disappeared into it today morning. Every nerve in my body didn't want to go to that fair with Eve....the guilt was eating up my insides. She deserved someone better, even Edwardo would have laughed in my face. My phone rang beside me as I lay awake. I checked the caller id and Austin's face flashed on it......even he would be suitable for her, the little voice in my head told me.

"Good Morning Austin"

"Yo buddy....ready for today?"

Not Really......

"More than I'll ever be"

"Alright buddy you have to pick us all in twenty minutes and then we have to head to Eve's house"

Lemme die instead.....

"No problem"

Flashforward

We were at Eve's house and by the time she stepped out Megan and me were already discussing about the "revealing time" we both knew today wasn't the right day but we couldn't hide it anymore.

Once we were done I turned around to find Austin hugging her and my fists clenched involuntarily..... I couldn't claim her mine anymore. I didn't deserve her. Everyone got in and she sat in the passenger seat next to mine......

"Hey there Eve" she looks to me u certainly.

"Oh hey" she replied.....something had changed, had she seen me talking to Megan? Did she guess already?

Evelyn's POV

We reached the fair after three hours of driving and two stops to clear our bladders....the relief you get is heaven.

As the boys went to get our tickets we girls were jumping up and down in our place clapping our hands like seals.

"Eeeeee......I can't believe we're here!" Megan squealed,she was finally being herself.

"Omg!!! I can't wait to get in!" I said with equal excitement.

"The cotton candy and popcorn are calling out my name!!!" Megan and me laugh while rolling our eyes.

"Calm down girls! We're going in !" Austin and Cameron come to us holding out the tickets while giving us their special goofy smiles.

Once we're in we run to the middle of the fair (by we I mean the girls) and we look around us....a game catches my eye and I go towards it to see what's it about. The game looked interesting and it was this dance competition plus you needed a partner. This game was perfect for Cameron and me. Just as I was about to call out to me someone bumped into me. He turned to me and gave me a flirtatious smile and comes incredibly close.

I'm about to ask him to move someone clears their throat from behind me. I turn to see that Cameron was standing there with his arms folded and his eyes were intimidating. The guy behind me gives him a look and goes away.

"You wanna play that? I saw you drooling over it."

"Haha very funny, but yes I want to except I need a pair" he comes close and takes my hand.

"Let's go then princess." I look down at our interwined fingers and a small smile makes its way across my face.

This day will go amazing after all.

★★★★★★★★

A/N: Hey guys....please comment what you think about the book till now....keep the votes coming Happy Reading my fellow book worms.