Chapter 37

"Honey I'm home!" I heard my mom yell and Andres literally flew a meter away from me. I straightened my hair and tried to calm my heart down. "Coming mom!" I yelled back and took off without looking at Andres. When I reached downstairs Amber was on the couch and my mom was standing there chatting with her.

"Hey mom. Where's dad and Rose?" I went ahead and hugged her. Just as my mom turned her back to Amber; she started wiggling her eyebrows and making kiss faces. It took everything in me to not roll my eyes and strangle her to death. "Dad and Rose are staying with grandpa and grandma. I'll be going back today evening." I nod my head and mom's eyes go to something or more like someone behind me. "Andres dear how are you?" she went and gave him a hug too. My eyebrows furrowed, as far as I knew mom didn't know about Andres apologizing to me. I raised a questioning eyebrow towards my mom when she pulled away.

"I was the person who gave him the go sign to apologize honey" my eyebrows shot up so far I thought they'd make it to the moon. When I was successful in taking a glance at Andres I saw that he was already staring at me. "So you'll be fine at home? We'll be gone for two weeks." I just nod my head and she takes off to her room. Both Andres and Amber look at me. Andres was silently asking me whether my mom should know about yesterday and Amber was silently giving me the knowing look. I roll my eyes at her and nod at Andres.

"No one tell her about what happened with Cameron alright?" They both nod their heads. My mom comes down with a suitcase. "Ok guys I decided I'll head out now itself if I wanna make it there before dark. So bye" she comes over to me and gives me a peck on my cheek. She hugs Andres and Amber and then heads out. Just as her car speeds off Andres looks at me.

"What the hell Eve? You didn't tell her" Amber gives me a confused look and I bring my hand to my head. "I puked again yesterday" her eyes go wide and she's by my side in a minute. "Oh my god Eve. We should have told your mom!" my stomach was churning again. I looked up at Amber and her eyebrows furrowed. I ran into the house and to the bathroom. As I dry heaved, Amber held my hair back.

"We're having an appointment with the doctor in the afternoon." I heard Andres say. I stood up but my mind had a different idea. My vision blurred and I felt strong hands behind my leg and back. "I've got you princesa" I felt something soft beneath me and then I was covered with a blanket. "Sleep tight magdalena (cupcake)" my eyes drooped and I felt something soft brush my cheek. Had Andres kissed my cheek? I stored it in the corner of my mind to ask him when I woke up.

Andres's P.O.V

I couldn't help it. I just had to do it. So when her eyes closed I kissed her cheek. It was so soft; like a pillow. It took everything in me to not go and lay down next to her and wrap my arms around her. I backed away and closed the door to her room. I heard voices downstairs. When I went into the living room I saw Austin and Amber talking to each other.

"So am figuring that you guys made up?" both of them jump. "You seriously need to stop doing that" I  chuckle. My phone bings and when I check it I see that its a text from Edwardo.

*Dondes estas? Venga a verme en nuestro lugar- E* (Where are you? Come meet me at our spot). Edwardo didn't know about me making up with Eve and I didn't want him to know.

*Estar alli en diez- A*( I'll be there in ten) I pocket my phone and look at Amber and Austin who are back to talking. "Hey guys I'm heading out. Try not to wake up Eve and don't bite each other's heads off." Amber comes to me and crosses her arms.

"Where are you going? I swear if your hurt Eve....."

"I'm not doing the same mistake again don't worry" With that I head out. The harsh sun heats my face and warmth spreads through me. I decide to walk and I look up to Eve's room window. The curtains were closed but it didn't stop me from imagining what she must be looking like while she's asleep.

I look ahead of me and a small smile comes on my face. I remember when she looked so left out in our group of guys. How she wore all black and always had her hair in a ponytail but still looked so hot. I remember when it was cold outside and Edwardo was too much of an ass to lend her his jacket. I remember when her chapped lips always gave out the best smile and how her full pink lips moved when she spoke. I was an asshole back then.

I didn't know when I fell in love with her. It was so new to me and I took it too far. Her rejection hurt me so I did the worst and made her relationship fall apart. But I was happy that Eve knew Edwardo's real face then. Her moving away added fuel to my anger and so when Edwardo got to know where she was I volunteered to go along with him. When I saw her happy I got furious. And so I tortured her. But something changed in me. Seeing her smile brighter, her face glowing a tad bit more. It changed a bit of monster that I was.

And all of a sudden I didn't feel like torturing her. I felt the urge to protect her. From the world.....from Edwardo. And that's what I was doing now. Nothing's gonna happen to you Evelyn. I promise.

"Hey, donde ha perdido?" ( Hey, where are you lost?)I hear someone shout. I look up to see Edwardo with his signature smile on. I put on a fake smile of my own. "Qué es lo que quieres hablar?" (What did you want to talk about?) 

My body tensed when he said the next line. "Its about Evelyn"

I promise Evelyn.