Epilogue

Rose's P.O.V

Evelyn was the best sister anybody could ever have. I never got to spend much time with her but how much ever I did....it was amazing. I miss her so much. Mom couldn't take it so she threw out all of Eve's stuff. Although I did manage to save a book. I had never seen Evelyn with this book but I knew it was her's. Her handwriting and scent was unmistakable.

The paper had small tear drop marks on it from when I cried while reading it. I never knew she was going through so much at that time. After her death we moved to Beatrice and her funeral was done there. I never saw Andres again. He had just fled....left just like she did. Edwardo was in jail and Cameron was in rehab. . 

Austin and Amber still grieved over her but they were both back to together and I felt that Evelyn from above was laughing down at them....at how obvious their love for each other was.

Everything drastically changed. Mom quit her job and the both of them tried to stay with me as much as possible .Fill in Evelyn's absence. "Honey it's time to go" I heard my mum yell. I wiped my tears away and took out a picture of Andres and Evelyn together. "I guess you both were really meant for each other." I whispered and set the picture on her grave. "I love you Evelyn." A stray tear dropped down my cheek. I got up and wiped it off. 

*A few weeks later*

"Happy birthday to you..Happy birthday to you." I whisper sang. A small cupcake in front of me. I looked out my window. It was dark and windy. The stars were hidden behind the clouds and I took a deep breath. "Happy birthday Eve" I said in a low voice. I brought her book out and started reading through it.

But if I stay in the rain

Maybe I can drown

In something other than

My own thoughts

I turned the page and saw more of her scrawled handwriting. I took in her scent again and stared down at the writing. 

"I don't cry everyday anymore but I still have days where I can't get myself to smile at my parents and my world feels like it might implode"

I turned the pages and kept going through them.I stopped when I reached a page where it looked like a letter to some was written. I furrowed my eyebrows. It was for me.

Dear Rose,

Your probably old enough to have found this book and I don't know where I may be at the moment when you find this book. Rose I love you so much. Live life to the fullest ok? Don't trouble mom and dad. You probably don't know that there are loads of things going on with me. Stay out of any gangster squads. And always stay happy Rose. You never know when it might be the last day or when it might be the last moment. Life is a roller coaster Rose. Some just have up's and down's while the others have sharp turns too. Just always be prepared for it all. I love you. The pages after this are letters to Andres,Austin,Amber and Jeff. Send it to them alright? 

Love,

Evelyn

How could god do this? Rage filled every part of my body and I threw the book. I let out a sob and brought my knees close to my chest. How could you just leave Evelyn? It wasn't fair. I ran my fingers through my hair and frustratingly tugged at the roots as the tears came rolling down. I lay down on the carpeted floor and stayed there. Looking up at the huge portrait of Evelyn and me hanging there. Was it that easy for you to let go? My eyes started drooping and finally I was sucked into oblivion. 

Now it was time for life to pull me through. I thought as darkness fogged up my memory and my eyes.

***********************************************************************************************

A/N: And that's the last of it lovelies. Short epilogue I know but I hope you liked it. So Rose was the surprise P.O.V. If your wondering where Jeff went then well he moved to another country too. Anyways thank you once again for the amazing support. Happy reading Bookworms :)