Chapter 30

A/N: Hi bookworms. This is just a warning of how crappy this chapter will be. Keep voting and commenting. Your support is needed very much.
★★★★★★★★★

"Eve! Eve! Open your eyes" I murmured something incoherent and opened my eyes. The bright light hit my eyes and I squinted immediately. I cursed loudly forgetting there was a person in the room.

"Hey! no swearing!" I opened my eyes to see Amber standing there. I looked around and realized I was still in the clinic.

"How long have you been here for?" Amber was going through her bag for something.

"Its lunch time. You missed the last three classes so I brought the notes for you. We have a lot of homework by the way" I groaned looking at all the notes and homework. I felt a headache coming along so I started massaging my temples.

"Are you carrying your medicines in your bag?" I nodded. Amber took out my medicines and gave me one of each. I had three medicines and it was hard to remember when I had to take to them. So Amber and Mom did the job of reminding me in case I forgot.

"You forgot to take your medicines today morning and yesterday night didn't you?" I sighed as she gave me a stern look.

"Eve you have to stop forgetting. Its for your own health and I know a lot happened yesterday but you should have at least remembered to take them before we left for the carnival" Everything that I had tried to forget came back to me and I felt tears sting my eyes. I looked at Amber and she saw the hurt on my face. Her face morphed into guilt.

"I'm so sorry Evelyn. I didn't mean to bring back everything that happened yesterday. I'm just scared Eve. I don't want to lose you. I'm so sorry" I got off the bed and went over to her giving her hug.

"Thank you for caring Amber. Now, what's going on between Austin and you" I saw her eyes go wide and her cheeks turned pink. I chuckled.

"You thought I'd let it go eh? I'm you best friend for god's sake!" She gave me a shy smile as a comfortable silence settled. Amber's smile went even wider than usual and I knew she had an idea.

"Let's have a sleepover! My house! I'll give you all the details."

"Will there be popcorn and candy?"

"Already stocked up" I grinned at her. I mean like who would forget popcorn and candies during a sleepover? I saw Amber look at me.

"What?! Is there something on my face?"

"Yeah." My hand went over my face but I didn't feel anything unusual.

"I can't find anything. Can you point where it is?"

"There is something. There's a smile Eve. A smile I thought I'd never see again."

"Let's go! Did you have food?" she shook her head.

"Then let's go! I'm starving!" She gave me a knowing smile. She knew I had changed the topic.

Cameron's P.O.V

I couldn't believe the girl I had seen yesterday at the petrol pump was Evelyn. She was cold and she seemed drained of any emotions. If I knew this would be the affect my actions would have on her I wouldn't have done any of it. If I could time travel I'd change everything that had happened...but I guess everyone who is guilty says that.

I decided yesterday itself to cut all communications with Megan. Evelyn had told me to do the same in her case but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I can't believe I lost her so quickly. I thought of how happy she looked when she saw Jeff. Seeing her on top of him like that blew me up from inside but i knew i couldn't do anything about it.

Megan had tried to talk to me all day and the worst part was that we had gotten assigned together for physics.

"Hey asshole" I looked up to see Edwardo standing next to me. He had a smirk on his face while he washed his hands.

"Is there anything funny?" my hands curled into fists immediately. I had the urge to punch that smirk right off of his face.

"Oh yea there is something funny. It's funny how you turned out to be such and asshole towards her even though she liked you so much." I growled.

"Don't point the finger at me when you were an asshole to her as well." He let out a chuckle as a spark came to his eye. He came close to me and grinned like he had won the lottery.

"It's also funny how she thinks your just like me" my eyes widened. Eve couldn't have compared me to him! She'd never do something like that. Edwardo laughed and headed outside while I stood there.

Evelyn's P.O.V

I had messaged my mum about the last minute sleepover and as usual she was fine with it. I always kept a set of clothes at Amber's house in case we had plans like these. It was the last class by now and I was ready to get out of this hell hole that was called school.

I watched my history teacher drone on about some war between the Russians and English people in some year that my brain refused to take in. My eyes were on the watch above the board....5,4,3,2,1. And the bell rang. I got up and before I rushed out I heard something about a pop quiz any day in this week. Argghhh! Teachers and their strange obsession with torturing us.

I saw Cameron walking about five inches in front of me and behind him was Megan. She looked like she was trying to grab his attention. That bitch still can't lay her hands off of my....

I didn't let my mind continue that sentence. I rushed past them and outside I saw Amber standing next to a bus talking with Austin....or more like flirting. I smiled at this and stayed where I was as I watched both of them flirt with each other like no one was looking . I walked over to a near-by smoking spot and leaned against the wall there. I started playing flappy bird on my phone to pass the time.

"Tu fumas? Mi buena chica se volvió malo eh?" ?(You smoke? My good girl turned bad eh?) I saw Andres leaning against the wall beside me smoking. I smirked and crossed my arms across my chest as I raised one eyebrow.

"Are you blind? Do you see a cigarette in my hand?" He pushed off the wall and stood in front of me. He started taking steps and I knew I couldn't move because I was trapped with the wall behind me. He out one hand next to my face blocking my way from one side. I moved the other way and saw that he had kept his hand there too.

I looked up at him and he blew out smoke at that time. I didn't move even a bit. He moved his face closer to mine.

"Your neither Cameron's nor Edwardo's Hermosa (beautiful) your mine and only mine. You were the candy of my eye since I first saw you with Edwardo...no one could stop me then and no one can stop me now. True love never fades Eve. Mine was true and I will get you by hook or by crook. You'll see."

I knew he wouldn't give up till he got me and I knew through what all lengths he would go just to get me. He was just like Edwardo but worse. Terror filled my insides as I closed my eyes and counted till ten. When I opened them Andres was gone. I let out a shaky breath just as my phone rang.

*Hello? Oh Amber..umm yeah I'm coming. Yes I'm alright. I'll be there*

I locked my phone and took in a deep breath. It's okay Evelyn...it'll all go by.