Chapter 1

Hi! I'm Evelyn,a simple 15-year-old with a good taste in clothing but no interest in shopping. I'm like any other girl, brown hair, marine green eyes and a good height. My life was going well where I lived in Canada,Montreal. Montreal being a nice city helped me cope up with the change in no time. I lived in a comfy house with my parents and a very bratty 7-year-old sister. It had been almost two years since we moved to Montreal.

It was a nice sunny morning on a weekend,I was up early and decided to fix myself breakfast. After brushing my teeth I went downstairs to make my breakfast when I saw my mom already in the kitchen with her favorite food magazine. I could clearly see that something had managed to bother her weekend AGAIN!

"What's wrong? You seem out of mood" I asked after grabbing an apple from the fruit basket on the counter.

Her answer next set me running up the stairs and into my room,I slammed the door and leaned against it later realizing there were tears running down my cheek. I lay down on my bed repeating what my mom had said in my mind and how many times she must have said that.

It must have been evening by the time I got up because there was a dull light pouring into my room from my window and I could hear Rose playing in the backyard with our neighbors son. I got off the bed and went to wash my face,when I looked into the mirror I realized I looked like I had been picked out of a dumpster. My eyes were red,my hair was sticking out from all sides. I went down to the kitchen after I freshened up and made myself look decent,there was a note on the fridge and I immediately noticed that my parents weren't home,my mom doing her job as a mother had put up a note.....

Hi honey,We're going to the supermarket. Please get Rose in by 7.Love Mom

I realized that I had slept through lunch and I was starving. I stalked off into the kitchen and decided to raid the cupboards luckily I found a packet of chips,I went into the hall and checked the time noting that it was exactly six thirty. I decided to flip through the channels hoping for something good to come up in the end I decided to watch my sisters all time favorite "cartoon network". I was barely paying attention since I was lost in my own thoughts about what mum had said in the morning. It was starting to turn into a tradition for my family but for me it was starting to get on my nerves. It was time I realized that I should be getting used to this and that thinking positively about things would give me better reasons to support my parents. After this decision I switched off the TV just in time to here the door unlock and my parents came in. I was in a better mood and immediately went to help , my mom was surprised to see me in such a good mood and my dad was in his usual "keep the bags and watch TV mood" so he didn't notice. Me and my mom started keeping the items in their designated places and I was in a good very mood.....

"Are you OK? I mean you seem very happy". She said,I realized I was smiling from ear to ear.

Just as i was about to say something Rose entered the kitchen whining about how hungry she was ,after my mom instructed her to take a wash it became a little more peaceful other than the shower being turned on.

"So where are we moving? And when? I can't wait!" I say excited and happy. I could see the sadness in her eyes about having to shift again....deciding to make her smile I went to her and wrapped my arms around her....

"Don't worry mom, it'll be fine! Like you always say GO WITH THE FLOW!" I said trying to comfort her and fortunately earning myself a smile.....

"You always know what to say Evelyn" she said suddenly as happy as me . After a quick hug we went back to putting the things and had a heart warming dinner then called it a night.