Chapter 16

I was in my room with my music blasting loud and me dancing around. After what had happened during tea today I had decided to keep myself away from Austin. After tea my mom had come home blabbering non stop about how Austin was such a good boy,had respect,looked cute and what not.

After all the songs were done from my playlist I switched off the speaker and decided to get some homework done. Mr.Brown had given us a homework of a five page essay! I switched on my laptop and searched for some good essays online, in a minute I had got the perfect five page essay and all I had to do was copy it down. When I was on my third page I started feeling nauseous and it got worse each minute until I had to run to washroom. I kneeled down and emptied my guts into the bowl. After I was done I checked if I had fever but I didn't.

When I reached for the door I felt my knees almost buckle and I held onto the door knob for my life. My head was spinning at the sudden nausea. I got up and took a few deep breaths and went downstairs.

"Honey, I was just about to call you....I made rice and grilled chicken"

"Yumm.....I hope I get at least a bit before Rose hogs it"

I went to the dining table and sat before my plate while my mom brought in the rice and chicken with Rose trailing behind her all dirty and sweaty. I let mom add some rice and chicken in my plate and I started eating only after she was done with Rose and herself.

After putting a few more spoons into my mouth I started feeling nauseous again....I took a sip of the water hoping for the nausea to go but it didn't, it just got worse. I ran to the nearest washroom and emptied my guts again! This time I felt my mom hold my hair away from my face.

After I was done mom gave me some meds and put me to sleep.....she sat next to me and I guess she left when I fell asleep.

~*~

I woke up feeling tired and weak....I checked the time on my table side clock and realized I had gotten up early....it was only six! I tried to go back to sleep but it was then that a headache decided to break my skull into a thousand pieces! I hit my head against the pillow to make it stop or subside but it didn't work and finally my mom came in looking concerned....her phone was in her hand and her lips were in a tight line.

"Eve, we're going to the hospital, you don't need to shower but put on some clothes and brush your hair"

"Geee, mom I feel very well thank you for asking"

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried because your dad isn't here and it just started all of sudden."

"Its fine, I'm having a head ache "

"Oh sweetheart get ready and we'll get you checked up OK?"

And that is how I missed a day of school in my life! I never had before so I was pretty sad but I was extremely tired and I felt lethargic..... This couldn't get any worse!

When we reached the hospital my mom took a ticket and we waited for my number to come. Fortunately I hadn't emptied my guts yet and my headache was still there! I put my head on my mom's shoulder and groaned at the pain in my head. My mom massaged my temples and five minutes later it was my turn.

"Good morning Mrs.Sharkey"

"Good morning doctor, this my daughter Evelyn....its her check up actually"

"Oh alright, how about Evelyn you sit beside me and tell me what's happening"

I went and sat next to her without her having to tell me twice, I was feeling so lethargic and weak I could plop down if someone poked me.

She turned towards me giving me a small smile expecting me to say something.

"It started yesterday night before I had dinner, I sat to do my homework and after like forty five minutes I started feeling nauseous and it started getting worse by the minute then I puked....when I tried to open my door my knees almost buckled and later while having dinner when I was half way through the nausea came again, I had a sip of water but it didn't subside it got worse."

"Alright Evelyn, did u feel anything else today or maybe in the middler of the night?"

"I woke up at six today and a headache kicked but it was worse then any usual migraine or something"

"Oh okay, we'll get some tests done and one scan which I feel is necessary. Until you get the reports I cant really give any medications because then it'll be life threatening"

She handed a prescription over to my mom and we went to sit again. When they called me for my tests I was half asleep. I trudged over to the room where a syringe was and  two test bottles were kept.

I sat down and held my arm out waiting for the needle....two minutes and two bottles of blood later i had to go into the scan room. Even though I was tired I knew that I was doing an MRI scan.

After my MRI scan was done we headed home later getting a message saying that we could collect the reports the day after. My mom helped me out of the car and into my bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I started feeling drowsy and my eyes slowly closed.....I heard my mom sniffle and then I was asleep.