Chapter 39

I watched as Andres went ahead and brought me some coffee. At the moment we were at the police station. After I recovered from the initial shock of the situation I was told that I was meant to be questioned.

"Here you go" I looked up at Andres. His eyes seemed alert and his whole body was tense. I took the cup from his hand and he sat next to me.

"Andres its alright. I'm fine" I put a hand on his shoulder and lightly massaged the tense muscles there. "I could have lost you in that moment Eve. I've just got you. I can't lose you so soon." his eyes showed guilt and I silently shook my head telling him that he isn't gonna lose me.

"Promise?" I looked down at my coffee and thought about it. With my sickness I didn't know how worse it would get. I looked up at Andres and before I could answer one of the officers came. I let out a breath. I stood up and so did Andres. 

"Sir your going to have to wait outside." The officer says and I can see that Andres is about to argue back. "Andres I'm safe here. It'll only be a while." He nods with a conflicted look in his eyes and I turn to go with the officer. The room I enter is empty and white except for a table in the middle and two chairs on opposite ends. "Please take a seat ma'am." I go ahead and sit, just then the door clicks open again and another officer comes in. She takes a seat in front of me and folds her hands in front of her.

"I am officer Regina and I'm going to ask you a couple of questions. I expect the truth please. We are just trying to help you alright?" I nod and she starts firing questions at me. I answer them truthfully and in as much detail as possible.

After an hour of questioning my throat was a parched and I was having a migraine." Thank you Evelyn for your time. We may have to call you back if needed" I nod my head and get up from the chair. I felt like my butt had become flat. I stepped out and stretched my arms and legs. "Let's get you home." I jumped at least a meter high. I smacked Andres on his chest and put the same hand over my chest. "Stop doing that. God I almost had a heart attack." Andres gave out a chuckle. "Dramatic as always" he said and I childishly stuck my tongue out.

We went to his car and I got into the passenger seat. "You hungry?" I nod my head just as my stomach loudly grumbles. I look over at Andres and his face is red from trying to hold back a laugh. I start laughing and he does too. I look over at Andres and my laugh goes down to a smile. He looked so different.....he looked happy. "Ready?" he says in between a laugh. " Yea" I say and he pulls out of the parking. I switch on the radio and change a couple of station before I settle on one. 

"Where are we going?" I ask Andres. I pull my legs up and settle my chin on my knees. "Where do you want to go?" he asks. "I'm craving McDonald" he gives a nod and a comfortable silence settles over us. I hum to the music going on and then I realize that I have to meet up with Edwardo to make the script. I groaned out loud and put my hand on my head. 

"What's wrong?" I turn to Andres contemplating on whether I should tell him. "For English we're doing a play and the script making has been given to Edwardo and Me....as teamwork." I say and look at Andres. "You mean the whole going to each other's house thing?" I nod and his grip on the steering wheel tightens. The car stops and I look around me to see that we have reached McDonald.

Andres gets out of the car without a word and so do I. We both head inside and take a seat at the tables. "Andres please say something." I plead and he looks at me. "Have you decided when to meet up?" he says and I shake my head. "Alright. When you decide I need you to inform me and I need it to be at your house ok?" I nod my head and he looks at me not convinced. "Andres I understand and I'll let you know alright?" 

"Eve I can't be there because I don't want him getting suspicious. I need him to think I'm on his side so that I can stay one step ahead of him. I can't let him hurt you when I know I can do something about it." I feel butterflies in my stomach and my heart plummets to the sky. I keep looking at him and his face twists in confusion. "Eve what's wrong?" I give a small smile and shake my head. I was too scared to let him in.....after what Cameron did I didn't know who to trust and who to not.

"I'm going to go order for us ok?" I nod and he goes to the counter. My mind is reeling. We have to have a plan in which Andres could know that I was safe. I tapped my fingers on the table and huffed out a breath. And then it hit me, Amber could help out! I picked up my phone and dialed her number. 

*Amber hey! Are you okay?*

*Hey Eve, yeah I'm fine. *

"Listen I'm going to need your help" I fill her in on everything and she agrees to help out. Just as I put my phone down Andres comes with a tray. As soon as he puts the tray own I start eating the french fries. "Easy there kitten. Don't want you choking do we?" I let out as much of a chuckle as I can with a full mouth. "So who were you talking to?".

 I look up from my fries and tell him what I had though of. "That's a good idea but we need another guy in the house. In such a way that it wouldn't look suspicious" I start thinking until a loud bang snaps me out of my thoughts. I look at Andres bewildered and see that he has a million watt smile on his face.

I raise a questioning eyebrow "Austin" he says and my eyes widen in realization. Of course! Austin would surely help if he knew and anyways he lived right next door. Now Andres and me were both sharing the same smile. "Now I just need Amber to be okay with that." I say and Andres gives a nod. We both start eating, our own minds reeling with the new come up plan.

Let's hope this would work......