Chapter 13

I woke up and checked the time on my bed side alarm clock, it was only five in the evening! I got out of bed without disturbing Rose who was still sleeping and went downstairs. I stepped into the kitchen and I was surprised when I saw Cameron in my house talking with my mom like they were good old friends!!

"When did you come?" I look away from Cameron and see that my mom is staring at me with a huge smile on her face.

"I just got up, hey Cameron!"

"Evelyn why didn't you ever introduce me to this fine young man?"

I saw Cameron give a shy smile and then I saw him blush!

"You were barely free yourself mom and I didn't want to intrude!"

" So ma'am I......"

"Oh please Cameron call me Melinda"

"If that's fine with you , then Melinda if you don't mind I'd like to take Evelyn out for a walk in the park"

"You don't need to ask for that Cameron, she'll be ready in ten minutes"

I'm surprised when my mom answers his question with a yes and also tells him that i'll be ready without even glancing towards me for approval!

"Is that okay with you Eve?"

I look at Cameron and at my mom I sigh heavily from inside and put on my best fake smile "Why not! I'll be ready and down in ten minutes"

I turn around and go upstairs and give myself a pat on the back for such good acting. I throw on a purple jumper and pair it with black pants and converse. I pull a beanie on and put some eyeliner and lipgloss.

When I reach downstairs Cameron is already waiting by the door. "Wow! You actually got ready in five minutes! Not even ten....five!!". "Ha ha very funny Cameron" I smile as I take my phone and put in a message to my friends.

The weather is pleasant and the breeze is soothing to my skin. As we walk around the park none of us say a word.

"So when are you leaving?"

"Next month" I sigh and then later hear a sharp intake of breath

"Oh"

"You wanna sit?" I look at Cameron and he is deep in thought with a frown. I shove him playfully and I'm successful in getting him to smile. I smile and poke my tongue out, I shove him again and then start running.

He catches on my thoughts and starts chasing me I step towards the left and then run to the right to distract him but he's fast to catch on and loops his arm around my waist to pull me to his chest....I'm laughing and he's chuckling. When we realize the position we're in it goes quite.

"I'm gonna miss you so much" he whispers into my ear still holding me by my waist, sending chills down my back.

I turn around to face him and he let's go of my waist, cupping my face in both his palms. Our faces are close enough for me to feel his breath on my lips. His eyes are so incredibly brown. His hair brushed back but some bangs make their way onto his eyes.....he's so fucking adorable!.

"Then be with me"

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Yea", at this I'm full on blushing and look away from his face

"Be mine Eve, give me a chance to prove I'm worth your time, give us a chance"

"Cameron I.....it can't be possible, I'm moving next month and according to me long distance relationships don't work out."

"We'll make it work Eve"

"I don't want to go through the hurt Cameron. I have a fear holding me back"

He let's go of my face and suddenly I feel the breeze on my face, making me shiver.

"Will you at least think about it?"

"Yea, Are you disappointed?"

"No, not at all" he shoves his hands into his pocket and gives me a shy smile. We call it a day after that and he drops me home. My moms not at home which means she has a night shift and I hear my sister in the backyard.

Today was beyond anything I could describe.....it was like a dream, his words played in my mind and I  kept reliving that moment. The moment we had taken to make it perfect , the moment when we lost ourselves in the beauty of freaking everything!!