Chapter 12

Evelyn's POV

We were returning from Tim Horton's when my message alert sounded.....

* Hey, I heard you weren't at school,did something serious happen?*

It was from Cameron. But how did he know I wasn't at school? And how was he texcting? He should have been in class right now.

"Hahaha, omg I almost got my coffee all over my dress" I turned to see Megan laughing her head off.

*Hey, yeah I'm fine. I was having a sleepover with Megan and Amber. Just came back from Tim Hortons*

*oh I thought something happened :)*

He cared for me and he was clearly showing it but could I open my heart and let him in? Was he meant for me? What would I do if he left me?

* No I'm fine, your at home? :o*

*Yea, got a little fever :(*

*omg! Gws ;) , anyways got to go bye.*

*Thx, bye*

"Yo Evelyn, what are you doing? We're supposed to be hanging out without using our phones" Amber said pulling my elbow.

"We have to go into this shop! The dresses look amazing from here!" Megan said nearly drooling over the glass of the shop. "Even a black rag will look amazing to you Megan" Amber said rolling her eyes.

"So who were you chatting with?" Amber asked as we entered the shop, Megan went crazy and took about ten dresses from a shelf and ran to the dressing room. "Umm.....no one, I was just checking if I got any call or message", I was clearly in a lost state and Amber noticed. As we neared the dressing room stall Megan came out wearing a baby pink dress which reached mid - thigh and twirled around in it.

"So Eve, were you chatting with your pooh-bear?", " WTF! Pooh-bear? Where the heck did that come from and since when did you start calling me Eve?" I asked as Amber kept laughing next to me at the mention of pooh-bear from Megan."Damn Megan you hit the right spot on her emotions, god I'll die if she actually starts using that word!" Amber burst out laughing again wiping a tear from her eye.

I was as red as a tomato and when I looked in the mirror in Megan's stall I actually saw my cheeks becoming red. "Woah, Amber look at her! She looks like a ripe tomato!" Megan chuckled closing her stall door to try the second dress on. " Ha ha, very mature guys" I said rolling my eyes as Amber stopped laughing all of a sudden. "What happened now? " she was pointing to something when I asked her....as I turned around I saw him.

Oh why ! Why me?! I thought he was sick! I turned around adruptly and grabbed a dress from a shelf and dashed into the stall next to Megan's.

"Hey, your Eve's friend right?" I heard a deep but gentle masculine voice outside my stall." Hey, yeah I'm Amber." I imagined her shaking his hand and felt a ping of jealousy, she might not have perfect dressing sense like me and Megan but she totally had the looks of a model. I rubbed my palms on my white pants.....why was I such a nervous wreck? Its not like when I step out he'll be holding Amber's hand right? NO! She's my friend no matter what move he'd make she won't allow it.