Chapter 7

Evelyn's POV

It was Thursday atlast and I was too lazy to get out of bed......yesterday's memories had come flashing into my mind. My evening had gone well with Cameron until I had mentioned me moving to another place. It had become so awkward after that and I had decided to leave to reduce the awkwardness. His reaction to my news had set me thinking.....Did he care that I was leaving? Why did he go quiet after I told him?

"Hey,sleepy head" my mom came into the room dressed for work. She worked in a restaurant and sometimes had to work till late night and as for my dad he was abroad most of the time attending business meetings.

"Good morning, when did you come last night?" I asked leaning on my both my elbows to see her face. It was like usual except she had put on eyeliner and some concealer to hide the dark circles which showed lack of sleep.

"Oh I came back at one- thirty, anyways I got to go, please get Rose up and breakfast is in the fridge if you need anything then there is money on the counter" she said giving me a light kiss on the cheek.

As she walked out, I got out of bed and headed towards Rose's room, fortunately she was in bed....I shook her awake and later went to take a shower....I stayed in till the water turned cold thinking about how I was going to face Cameron at school today. I went into the kitchen and saw that Rose had already left by bus. As I grabbed my breakfast and stepped out of the house I noticed Amber and Megan waiting on the front porch again but this time they looked angry.

"What did we do?" Megan asked "Huh?" I looked at them like they had lost their minds.

"Yea, we have been calling you since yesterday evening and you didn't bother to call back or at least text" Amber said irritated. "What? I never got any calls, I swear it I didn't!" I said as I took my phone out of my bag. And I realized that it was out of charge....then I remembered I had used up all the charge listening to songs which reminded me of Cameron.

"Sorry guys, my charge died and I didnt even know" I said cursing at myself for not charging my phone. "So how was your date with Cameron?" Megan asked smiling like she had won a lottery."First it wasn't a date,second it got awkward after I mentioned me moving" I said rolling my eyes, it was then that I cursed at myself again for bringing it up......

"You what?!" Megan shouted and stopped mid way , which made Amber bump into her.

"Your moving and you told him before us?" Megan said visibly hurt, "No! I'm sorry I didn't know how you both would react and I wasn't going to tell him I just blurted it out like how I did now" I said looking at both of them. Amber was surprisingly quiet. And Megan was starting to calm down by my explanation.

"We are meeting up today at your house after school, you need to give us an update girl" Megan said smiling atlast. "Amber? Why are you so quiet? Something happened?" I asked Amber putting my arm around her shoulder. "Oh! No I'm just taking all of this in so we're meeting up at your house huh?" She said her eyes looking distant. "Yea" I said noticing our school looming up as we got closer.

Since we were late again the hallways were almost empty as we headed of to our classes. I sat in my usual desk before Mr Ferns came.

"Hey" I said turning to Mark who was busy reading some novel. "Oh Hey" he said as Mr Ferns stepped into the class. I hadn't encountered Cameron today which was good. After class I was at my locker when Mark showed up we started a conversation soon about where to complete the project this time when I noticed Cameron staring at Marks back like he was going to come over any moment and strangle him....I decided to ignore his expression.

I excused myself and briskly walked into the girls washroom before Cameron got a chance to stop me. Why did he care that Mark was talking to me? Do they have some rivalry? Does he have feelings for me? I was confused but there was a feeling that was eating inside me and realization at the back of my head which was trying to bring itself to me but couldn't.

As I walked out of the washroom I checked what period I had as I rushed to my chemistry class. Shit! Cameron is in the same chemistry class as me!!! I started to panick as the thought came into my mind. But he mostly sat at the back I thought....but so did I.

As I entered class I saw him staring at me like I had done something wrong. I surprised myself and him by taking one of the front seats.....the front seats were mostly full so he didnt have a chance of finding another seat behind me or next to me I thought smiling to myself.

As Ms. Jones started her chemistry class, she started pairing us up......this was bad, I crossed my fingers hoping that I wouldn't end up with Cameron. I think luck was on his side.

"Cameorn and Evelyn you will be doing the chemical equations, you can do a presentation or just explain it on the board" Ms Jones said and if she wasn't elder to me I swear I would have cursed her all day long but I respected my elders. As I turned around and walked to Cameron's table he was grinning from ear to ear.

"Give me you phone number and I'll just text you all the details for the presentation, we don't need to meet up" I said annoyed remembering the way Cameron was staring at Mark. He wrote down his number and handed the paper to me. For the rest of the period I was telling him what to do and he just kept staring at me as I spoke.....it was cute the way he glanced up and I could see his eyes and a small smile playing on his lips.

As the bell rang I was happy that Cameron and Me could part ways.....as I stepped out he grabbed my elbow and spun me around pulling me close to him....my hands were on his well built chest to keep myself steady.

"What the heck! Cameron let me go I have to get my next period books and meet Amber and Megan" I said struggling to get out of his grasp, I was clearly annoyed and I knew he saw that during chemistry period.

"What did I do?" He asked his eyes intense as they bore into me....it was then that I realized his eyes were black , I couldn't stand it so I looked away from his face.

"Cameron let go of me people are staring" I said earning a glare from three cheerleaders who wished they were in my place right now.

He didn't let go of me instead he tightened his grip and lifted my chin with his thumb and index finger, forcing me to look back into his eyes. "I can't bear to see you annoyed,sad,angry or unhappy in anyway, did someone say something to you?" He asked concern in his eyes.....it was sweet that he was there to kill who ever the heck annoyed me or made me sad but I wasn't annoyed cause of anyone else but him.

"Cameron we'll talk after school....I go walking we'll meet at the school parking." I said as his grip loosened and I turned to get my books. Great! I couldn't meet Amber and Megan and I'm late for my next class I thought annoyed even more now.

The rest of my day went well, I was successful in ignoring Cameron , Amber and Megan wanted to know what had happened yesterday at the park so I told them. Both were clearly happy that Cameron and Me were at least meeting and talking.