Chapter 5

Evelyn's POV

I didn't notice when it was morning and when my alarm had rang. I got off the bed and checked the time......DAMN IT! I was late, I rushed into the bathroom and took a quick shower after making myself look presentable, I ran down the stairs,unlocked the door and saw that Amber and Megan were waiting on the front porch.

"Hey,how long have you been here?" I asked as we started walking down the street.

"We came like fifteen minutes back" Megan said her eyes visibly red because of the contact lenses.

"You could have messaged or called me" I said, "Check your phone you douche, we gave like five to ten missed calls!" Amber said , Sure enough when I checked my phone there were about ten missed calls and five messages.

After reaching school we gave our quick hugs and headed off to our classes. Fortuneately my chemistry sir had called in sick.

"Hey" a familiar voice behind me said, when I turned around Cameron was sitting there grinning like he had won a new car or something.

"Hey, listen i'm sorry about yesterday I didn't mean to......", "No its fine, what happened was the past, forget it" he said cutting me short on what I was about to say.

"So I was wondering if you would mind joining me at park today" he asked slightly blushing.

"Oh Yea sure but is it okay if I bring my sister along? I ask thinking if its a bad idea.

"Oh my god you just removed a huge weight off my shoulder, I have a brother and you will be doing a great favor for me by bringing your sister, I won't have to play tag with him anymore" he said blushing even more.

I couldn't help but giggle at the thought of Cameron playing tag but the moment I formed the picture it was stuck in my mind. Our conversation went on until the bell rang....as I stepped out of class still talking to Cameron I noticed my best friends standing at my locker giving me the "your crush is talking to you" smile. I excused myself and briskly walked toward my friends.

"Was that Cameron you were talking to?" Megan squealed, clearly excited to see me finally talking to my crush.

"No Megan she was talking to a big grizzly bear in a sweat shirt" Amber said sarcastically. "Ha,ha very funny" Megan rolled her eyes, "You have to tell us all about your conversation, every single bit on Skype OK?" Megan said again this time grinning from ear to ear.

"Sure, anyways I gotta go....can't be late for Art class" I said waving to them.

The rest of my day went as it should have.....by the time I got home I had a whole load of homework to complete and a Skype call to deal with.

"Rose get yourself ready before five we're going to the park!" I yell from my room as I put in a message telling my friends that I would Skype with them some other time when I was not tired....I lay there on my bed staring out of the window, I jumped out of bed finally getting an idea for my book. As I sat down on my study table and got off to work I set an alarm on my mobile to remind me that I had to meet up with Cameron at the park.

Cameron's POV

I was sitting in class during chemistry really disturbed at not seeing Evelyn at her locker today. Is she sick? Did anything serious happen?, my mind was constantly thinking about when a figure rushed into the class and sat right in front of me. I was suddenly happy as hell at seeing her familiar sandy brown hair.

"Hey" I said as she turned around to face me.

"Hey, listen i'm sorry about yesterday I didn't mean to...." She tries to apologize, "No its fine,what happened was the past, forget it" I said trying to ease her out of her worry. I had been wanting to ask her if she would join me at the park to help me take care of Brian my younger brother.

" So I was wondering if you would mind joining me at the park today?" I asked, feeling the redness creep into my cheeks.

"Oh Yea sure, is it okay if I bring my sister along" she asked looking a bit uncertain. It seemed like my day couldn't stop getting better and better. Finally my brother would be busy with someone else and I wouldn't have to play tag with him!

"Oh my god you just removed a huge weight off my shoulder, I have a brother and you will be doing a great favor for me by bringing you sister, I won't have to play tag with him anymore" I said feeling the redness in my cheeks grow as she giggled surely imagining me running aroud chasing my brother.

Even her smile can make my day no matter what I'm going through, it would be awful if that smile was swept off her face, I wonder as the bell rings and she keeps talking. I felt kind of empty after she headed off to her locker where her best friends were waiting for her. She was so simple yet so beautiful and perfect. I was lost in my daydream about her and didn't realize when I reached the lunch hall.

The rest of my day went well and I snapped to the thought of not having her number with me. How stupid was I?! I made up my mind to ask for her number at the park while I walked home. As soon as I hit the bed I started feeling drowsy but forced my eyes open till I put an alarm to remind me that I had to go to the park. I wouldn't miss today for the world.....in fact I wouldn't miss a single moment with her for the world. She was mine and I was a bit closer to her than I was before. I would make her mine sooner or later.