Chapter 38

Andres's P.O.V

"Now that Cameron is out of the way, its going to be easier for me to get Evelyn" I hid my fists behind me. I kept my face blank of any emotion. "Why do you want Evelyn again?" He looked at me a with a sick smile plastered on his face.

"I want her to feel sorry for what she did to me with you. I want her to feel the pain I felt. Not just mentally though....that's not how I roll." I tried to keep my breathing controlled as he stared off into space. "You mean your gonna hurt her physically too?" It took everything in me to not break that pretty face of his. "Yes. Sh won't know what hit her until she see's it" his sick smile turned to a smirk.

"I'll send the plan to you. Keep me updated and keep and eye on Evelyn." He turned to go to his car. "Sure." I said staring at his retreating back. I turned and started walking back to Evelyn's house. I called Amber and asked her to get Evelyn ready for the appointment.

The breeze messed up my hair and I wished that it could blow away my thoughts too. My phone binged in my pocket. I took it out to see that it was an unknown text.

*Keep her close while you can. That bitch won't be alive for long* There was no one's initial. I pocketed my phone and felt my heart speed up. I walked quicker and when I saw Eve's house close I started jogging to it. I rang the bell and Eve opened it. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and hugged her tightly. Her arms settled on my back lightly.

"Hey...I'm fine. Come on." I pulled away just as Amber came to us. "Let's go or we're gonna be late" I let Evelyn go ahead and stopped Amber. She looked at me questioningly. I showed her the text I got. Her eyes widened and she looked at me with fear and concern coating her eyes.

"Evelyn can't know about this ok? We'll make up a plan where each of us will be by her side without getting her suspicious." I said in a hushed tone. "Hey guys! You coming or what?!" Evelyn shouted from the car window. Amber looked at me with a more determined look on her face. We  both went to the car and Eve was on her mobile with her eyebrows furrowed.

"What's wrong?" she looked at me startled. "Umm...nothing. My parents won't be coming in two weeks. Their making it three." I gave her a nod and started the car. I looked behind me and put the car in reverse. "Is everything fine with Austin and you?" I asked Amber. 

"We're fine now. I'm giving him a second chance. Evelyn squealed from beside me and I saw a big smile on her face. "We are so celebrating after this." I chuckled at her excitement and watched as both of them chatted away about random stuff.

"We're here." I say as I put the car into a parking spot. Eve stops talking immediately and starts fidgeting with her fingers. Her face has gone pale. She's nervous and scared. "Hey Eve...look at me" she doesn't so I bring her chin up. Her eyes are glossy and scared. "We'll get through this together okay?" she nods her head slightly and gives me a small smile. 

We get out of the car and go into the hospital. From the corner of my eye I see a shadow. When I turn in that direction the shadow is gone. I rub my eyes and look around me. Maybe I'm being paranoid. "I saw it too." I hear Amber whisper in my ear. I look at her and her eyes are filled with fear. I shake my head silently asking her to not feel scared. She nods her head and heads to the reception table to register.

I look around me again. "Andres come on!" I go to Eve and take one last sweep of the reception area. We head to the doctor and each take seats. "Evelyn. Your back." she says with a smile. "Yes. The vomiting and dizziness has started again." the doctor looks up at Evelyn. "We'll get a test done again. To see what stage its on now." Evelyn nods. Her hands are shaking and she is fidgeting with the hem of her shirt.

My eyes try to catch hers but she doesn't look up. Her legs are bouncing like crazy. I put my hand on her hand and she jumps. Her eyes are frantic. I shake my head and mouth "We'll make it" to her. She takes a deep breath and lets it out. "First the blood test and then the MRI" the doctor says with a sad smile. "Ask your mom to file an appointment for both the tests. And make it soon." We all stand up and I thank the doctor. Before we head out the doctor calls out for Evelyn making her pause her step.

"You'll make it okay? You have to" she gives a small smile and looks at Evelyn with hope in her eyes. Evelyn gives her small smile back and heads out. "Thank you Doctor" 

"ANDRES!" I hear Amber scream. I look down the corridor and see a man dressed in black with a knife in his hand. He's blocking their paths. "No one come near!" the voice is deep but I don't recognize it. I take steps towards his back. He hasn't noticed me yet. Something must have given me up cause he then grabs Evelyn and turns around, pinning the blade on her neck.

"EVELYN!" I scream. "Stop struggling or it won't be nice honey." he says to her pressing the blade a bit harder. She stops struggling and looks at me. Her eyes are blank and she's gone still. Everything is still. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" I yell. He looks at me and his eyes are crazy. "He wants her dead." he says and his smile is disgusting,evil and merciless. All of sudden his eyes widen and the knife drops on the ground.

He holds on to his head and drops onto his knees. There behind him I see Amber with her eyes blazing with fury and in her eyes is a medical scissor. Evelyn falls on to the floor and I rush to her. "Eve wake up, please wake up Eve." One of the nurses brings a glass of water and I sprinkle some of  it on her face. Her face twists and her eyes scrunch and then they open. She gets up and looks around her. When she's the man's body she starts sobbing. I pull her close to me and hold her while her body shakes and the police swarm the area.

"I'm here Eve. Everything is fine." I whisper.