Chapter 21

"Urghhhh" I got up with a groan. My headaches had become worse and usually came every early morning and the nausea sometimes hit me like a wave and sometimes it didn't. I had grown accustomed to the headaches but some still made me wince in pain.

I got of the bed and headed straight to the washroom for a nice hot bath. I wore nothing but ripped jeans,an oversized graphic tee and my favorite converse. My hair was in a messy bun and my eye was decorated with eyeliner and my lips with strawberry lip gloss. I looked sick but presentable.

"Eve, time for breakfast and then your meds"

"Coming mum!!" I yelled back sighing at the way I looked in the mirror. My shoulders were too broad and my hips had no curves, I had no thigh gap and my face held sharp features....something that the genes of my family did not hold. I was just completely messed up.

"Eve last call or your blueberry waffles are gonna finish"

"Rose don't you dare touch my waffles!" I grabbed my sack and ran downstairs just in time to see Rose sneaking up to my plate.

" oh no you don't!" I ran to my chair and took the plate on the other side of the counter.

"Oh man! I was hoping I could steal at least one." I chuckled and ruffled her hair,she groaned and looked at me with a venemous look in her eyes which made her look kinda cute.

"Aww....is the really chubby teddy angry?"

"Mooooooom!" She wailed making those big eyes and batting her not so long lashes.

"Eve stop troubling your sister, and if your done with that please have your meds" I rinsed my plate in the sink and put it in the dishwasher. I took the box of pills from the top cupboard and had two.

"Bye mom, will dad be home today?"

"No honey he has some work"

"Alright, see ya" with that I left for school. Megan usually picked me but I wanted to walk alone with my thoughts. I was blocks away when I bumped into someone and apparently I had been carrying my "book" with me which fell and some pages scattered around.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking." I stopped scrambling to get my pages when I heard the person's voice. It was oddly familiar, deep and had a Spanish accent to it. I looked up and gasped as I saw the face I sometimes dreaded. No he couldn't be here. I must be dreaming. I rubbed my eyes and looked again and he was still there.

"Evelyn Sharkey! Long time huh?" He still had that charm which had once tortured me till I was on the brink of giving up my life.

"Andres Bandera! What are you doing here?" I snapped out of my daze and picked up all my scattered pages and my book and stood up quickly. He stepped forward and I took a step back. I heard him take a sharp breath.

"You haven't forgiven me have you?"

"I would never forgive a demon like you" I went around him but he just as quickly grabbed my arm when I turned to look at him, his eyes were filled with anger. That's what he hated....people turning away from him. I struggled to get his grip off my wrist but he tightened it to the point where I thought my wrist might snap. I winced slightly and he gave me a devious grin.

He stepped forward again but this time I couldn't step back, we were mere inches apart when he whispered something that sent chills down my back. And then he was gone. My eyes stung as tears welled up. I kept walking his whispered words coming back to me.

"Edwardo will find you.....you can't run princesa"

It wasn't the words that sent chills down my back it was nickname he had used.....princesa. When I got to school my whole body was numb. I heard Jeff call me but I didn't respond, I didn't even look up to search for Cam,Megan or Amber. I was in the middle of being numb when a hand clamped on my shoulder and I spun around almost ready to scream when my voice stopped halfway through my throat.

It was no one but Megan and Amber. I tried to hide what I had done but I was too slow and they were too fast to catch on.

"Eve what's wrong?"

"Eve,why are you so pale?"

I couldn't hold in my tears and they gushed out as I broke down. They dragged me into the washroom and took me into the corner.

"Eve, honey tell us what happened." And after that the words just tumbled out of my about my encounter with Andres and his whispered words.

"Guys my past is taking over my present and worst thing is I can't do anything about it it" I broke down again and they both hugged me. After I was done I washed my face but my eyes were still noticeably red. The first bell rang and I made Megan and Amber head off to their classes. I stepped out of the washroom when Cameron came in front of me.

"Hey princes......" He stopped short when he noticed my eyes were red. He cupped my cheeks but said nothing. After a minute or so he sighed.

"I'm coming over after school okay." And with that he was gone. I headed to biology class but turns out the teacher was sick. I slumped in my chair realizing how exhausted I was. I took out my "'book" and started writing some random stuff in it when the door opened and some kids around me got up to greet that someone. I stopped writing.....was a celebrity here?

When I looked up I couldn't quite see who it was but when a tall guy moved a bit I caught a glimpse of straight, short black hair. I didn't think twice before packing my stuff and getting out of a class. No this couldn't be happening! Today morning he was going the opposite way from the school! Why was he here now?

I stopped near the doors of the canteen and kneeled down counting up to twenty to calm myself. When I looked up there was a figure in front of me scowling with a glint his eyes. I backed up as much as I could and then the wall hit my back.

" Hola princesa" (hello princess),there in front of me was Andres Bandera. I knew some Spanish because his group and me used to hangout.

"Get away from me! You followed me didn't you.....you scumbag!"

"That's not very nice is it Evelyn?" He smirked a devious smirk at me and came closer.....I had a sense of déjà vu from today morning. I couldn't move away!

"What the fuck do you know about "nice"?" I scowled back surprised at my sudden confidence. His eyes filled with anger, his hand shot out and grabbed me under my chin making me look at him.

"Come on princesa let's have some fun like old times huh?" He then leaned in...I struggled but he didn't let go. There was no one around who could help me.....I was helpless as tears streamed down my face.

"Get the fuck away from her!" A voice growled from behind him. My vision was blurry because of my tears but I recognized the voice...... Jeff! Andres got up and I got up along with him. He took two steps towards Jeff his fists balled at his sides.

"Did you just tell me what to do?" Andres growled back.

"Are you deaf ?" The next I knew Andres had thrown a punch towards Jeff causing a red mark to appear on his cheek. Just as Jeff was about swing back I whimpered. He looked at me and I shook my head. He came to me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Come on....we're going to the principle"

We walked away from the canteen leaving Andres staring at both of us. When we reached the principles office Jeff knocked and we both went in. Jeff explained everything to the principle and showed proof of red marks on his cheek and my chin. After that we were let go and I assured him that I would be fine.

The rest of the day went quickly and my mood stayed gloomy. I barely conversed and I was lost in my thoughts. What did I do to deserve this?!