Chapter 34

I could hear voices around me but they weren't clear. When I tried opening my eyes a bright light hit my eyes and closed my eyes again. I groaned and tried to move but my whole body was aching.

"Shhh... novia its ok" I felt a hand on my shoulder. I finally opened my eyes and looked around me. I saw Amber there asleep on a chair. The one holding my shoulder down was none other than Andres. I was too tired to move so I just stayed there.

"I'm not going to hurt you novia. Relax" I relaxed a bit but not enough because I was aching from everywhere. "What happened to me?" Andres ran his hands through his hair and it was then that I got a good look at his face. His lip was split and his knuckles were bleeding.

"Andres! Your bleeding!" I tried to get up but he pushed down on my shoulder again. "Its ok Evelyn. Its not like you actually care" I flinched at his cold tone. His gaze turned emotionless and his hand was gone from my shoulder.

He went out of the room leaving me to my thoughts. It looked like he had changed....but could a person actually change this fast? I sighed and I heard a big yawn next to me.

"Rise and Shine honey!" I say. Amber opens her eyes and then falls of the chair with a loud thud. I burst out laughing. "Oh my freaking lord" I laughed but then started coughing as the ache started. Amber rushed to me with a glass of water. "Thank you" I give her a small smile as she settles down on my bed. "How are you feeling?" I give a bitter laugh "I'm dandy fine. Just achy" she chuckles and then her face turns serious.

"Hey. You okay?"

"Do you remember what happened?"

We both say at the same time. "Ok you first" I smile and ask her again. "I'm completely fine." she replies. And the she takes a deep breath. "Do you remember what happened?" I furrow my eyebrows and shake my hair.

"What do you remember?" I wracked my brain and then remembered that I had gone to the field to take a walk. I told Amber that and she took another deep breath. "Do you have asthma? You have been taking too many deep breaths" I try to joke to make the tension less thicker.

"Evelyn you were touched and kissed without your permission. Do you remember now?" It then came crashing down on me. I was taking a walk and then I was pulled in between two walls. And then he kissed me and touched me. Andres saved me and then I saw Amber. I broke down and then blacked out.

"I remember." My emotions all gone and my voice as cold as ice. I saw Amber give me a pity look. I turned to her and gave her sharp look. Just then Andres came back in. "I brought food!" he seemed more cheerful now. We each took one subway and a drink. "Was it really that serious that I'm in a hospital?" both of them nodded their heads. Andres's eyes immediately went to my hips.

At first I thought he was being perverted but then I remembered that I had been grabbed there really hard. I pulled up my shirt and there was a horrible looking bruise on my hip. I gasped and then pulled my shirt back down. Tears started to brim my eyes as I looked at my wrist and upper arms. They were equally bruised. I closed my eyes and tried to keep my tears at bay but one of them slipped out.

I opened my eyes as the bed dipped and there I saw Andres with a concerned look on his face. I looked back down and hid my arms in embarrassment. I felt a pair of fingers under my chin and then I was facing Andres. "Querido don't hide from me or anyone for that matter. eres hermosa, no importa lo que" (You are beautiful no matter what) I gaped at him as his own eyes got an emotion that I didn't think he could feel. Regret and Guilt.

"Gracias Andres. Fue amable de tu parte." (Thank you Andres. That was nice of you).

"Listen Evelyn. I-I'm sorry for what I did in the past. And I know a simple sorry won't make you forget all the torture. But I'm ready to make up for it novia. I'm ready only if you are ready to give me a second chance." My mouth opened and closed like a fish.

"You don't have to reply now. Take your time." he adruptly said. And then muttered something. I think it was cabron which literally meant asshole or bastard. I let out a small chuckle and he looked up at me in surprise. "What happened?" His face was so innocent.

"You just called yourself a cabron" his cheeks tinted pink as he looked down. "Andres I'm ready to give you a chance but I can't through anymore emotional tsunamis." He eagerly nodded his head and stood up. In a few seconds I was engulfed in a hug.

"A..Andres...Can't..B-reathe!" I gasped as he pulled back."Sorry" He said sheepishly as he rubbed his neck. "Did I miss something here?" I looked around Andres to see Amber standing there glaring at Andres back. "Amber its okay. We sorted things out. I'm giving him a second chance."

Amber took a step towards Andres and got all into his face. "Hurt her and I will personally come to you house and castrate you" His widened and for the first time I saw Andres being afraid of someone.I put my fist in my mouth and held back my laugh.

"Oh guys who was the guy anyways? That's the only thing I don't remember." Amber's breath hitched and Andres's palms turned into tight fists. I expected them to say Edwardo because he was the only one capable of this but what I didn't expect was....

"Novia it was Cameron" My breath hitched in my throat again. "B-but why would he do that?"

"Evelyn before you came onto the field I had warned Cameron and Megan to stay away form you because they were causing you so much pain." For a minute my heart swelled.

"Novia if I knew this was going to happen then I would have never done that . I'm so sorry Novia." Andres head hung low in guilt. But it wasn't his fault this time. "Andres. It isn't your fault. You were surprisingly trying to protect me. Its that asshole Cameron." I held out my arms and both of them looked at me like they were questioning my sanity.

"I want a group hug pollinos" they both chuckled and we all hugged. In my mind I sweared to god that I would never make myself this vulnerable again.

A/N: OH MY LORDS! It was Cameron. Muahahaha! Don't kill me. Hope you liked the book. Happy Reading bookworms!