Chapter 40

"Can you stop pacing around like a nut driven maniac!" Andres says from behind me. At the moment we're at my house. Austin is in the bathroom and we're all waiting on Amber. When Andres and me told Austin our initial plan he was on board with it mainly because he wanted things to be right with Amber.

I stopped pacing and sat on the couch beside Andres. I ran my fingers through my hair for the hundredth time and bit my lip. "Calm down Evelyn. Todo saldrá bien"( It'll all work out). I gave a nod and let out a breath. I was doing that a lot now a days. I looked at the time and realized that I had to take my medicine. "I'm going to go and take my medicine alright?" Andres nods and I go upstairs to my room.

I open my drawer and see a small chit next to my medicine. I unfold it and it takes everything in me to not scream. I take a few deep breaths to calm my heart down. I take out the pill from the bottle and gulp it down dry. I hear the door bell ring and Amber's voice. I massage my temples and head downstairs with the chit still in my hand. I knock on the bathroom door and Austin comes out. 

"She's here" I say and we both head into the living room. Amber is talking to Andres until she notices Austin and stops. Her eyes narrow at him and then move on to me. I clear my throat and tell Austin to take a seat. Amber is still giving Austin a death glare and Andres is scrolling through his phone. 

"Alright guys. Amber you know about the plan and Austin you do too. Amber you must be thinking why he's here and there's a reason for it." After that I proceed to telling Amber why we need Austin and that she has to be okay with it cause its for our own safety. "Plus now Austin is needed even more" I whisper to myself but somehow Andres hears it and looks at me questioningly. I show the chit to Andres.

He gets off the couch and takes the chit from my hand. Just as he opens it Amber and Austin come closer to see it too. Andres looks at Austin and crumbles the chit. "Austin promise me you'll take care of them." concern is laced in voice like poison ivy laced over a wall. I press my shoulder blade and starting massaging it. I feel my hand being taken off and replaced by Andres's hands. "You should go take rest. I'm right here if you need me." I turn around and put my arms around him. He puts his arms around me and we both just stand there.

When I'm letting go he tightens his hug a bit and then lets go. I look up at him and see his eyes swimming in a pool of emotion. "Lets go Eve. I need rest too." Amber pulls me and we both head to my room. Amber gets in first so she is near the wall and then I lay down next to her. "Amber I think I like Andres." I whisper. I feel the bed move and I turn to Amber.

"Honey you don't just like him....you may love him." my eyes widen and feel my head shaking. "Amber I can't....I don't think I can trust anyone now a days. I don't love him and he doesn't feel the same. Its better like that." 

Amber just shakes her head and then she falls asleep. I turn away from her and think about what she has said. I felt myself falling asleep and I let sleep suck me in. 

Andres's P.O.V

"Austin I need you full in on this. I know your doing this is because you have another motive too but you got to protect Eve." I say looking at Austin who has his head in his hands. The chit that Eve received had set my protective instincts on over drive.

"Andres , Eve is like a sister to me. I won't let anything happen to her. Yes I have another motive behind this but protecting the girls will be my number one priority." I massage my neck and my head as I pace around the room. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I take it out and its a text from Edwardo.

*Eve and me got paired for English. Going to plan a study date at my house tomorrow.- E*

Before I could reply my phone vibrated again.

*It's like faith wants us to be back together-E* It took everything in me to not throw the phone at the wall. 

"What did the phone ever do to you?" I hear Austin ask me. I look at him and signal him to come over. I show him the text and Austin looks like he's about to smash the phone to bits. " I'll inform Evelyn once she's awake." with that he heads back to the couch. I reply to Edwardo quickly and pocket my phone.

"Are you hungry?" I ask Austin and then go to the kitchen. I open the cupboards and find a 2 minute noodle packet. I head to making it. My phone vibrates in my pocket again. I take it out to see that its another message from Edwardo. I switch off the stove and check the message.

*Heard she was at the hospital. Gave her a little scare. But the bastard got arrested.-E* 

*Oh, you should recruit better men Edwardo-A* I sent the text and threw my phone on to the counter. Edwardo was more messed up than I thought. Now not only did we have to keep an eye out for Edwardo and his men but also for Cameron. I took the pot off the stove and served the noodles in different bowls.

I went into the living room and handed the bowl over to Austin. He was surfing through the channels when I heard a scream. I looked at Austin and he had a surprised look on his face. We heard running and then Amber popped into the living room. "Andres, Eve is having a nightmare. She isn't waking up. Help me." I drop the bowl on the coffee table and run up the stairs taking two at once. When I opened her bedroom door she screamed once more. Went I went closer she was drenched in sweat and her face was twisted in agony.

I sat down next to her and shook her. She wasn't waking up. "AMBER BRING A GLASS OF WATER. NOW!" I shouted out. In minutes Amber was by my side. I took the glass of water and sprinkled some of it on her face. She started crying and choking on her own breath. Finally I poured the whole glass of water on her face. She jerked up and started breathing heavily. Her hair was sticking out from everywhere and her eyes were crystal clear with panic.

I pulled her closer and rubbed her back. She started sobbing and my own eyes burnt with tears. "I'm right here Evelyn. Your safe. Everything is fine." I feel her sobbing against my chest and her body is shaking. I lay her down and go down next to her. Amber lightly pads out of the room and closes the door behind her. I wrap my arms around Evelyn's waist just as she moves closer to me. Her sobbing has become less and so has her shaking. 

I feel her arm around my waist holding me tightly. I tighten my grip on her and close my eyes. It's alright Evelyn. Your safe. Being the last thing that goes through my mind before I'm asleep.

*****************************************************************************************************

A/N: Ugh, I'm so in love with Andres! And don't you just feel like choking Edwardo a thousand times? Anyways do you think Austin will be able to win back Amber and protect the girls at the same time? What is Cameron up to now? A lot to think about eh? Keep thinking. Happy reading my bookworms ;)