Chapter 6

Evelyn's POV

I had gotten up to my alarm ringing....still groggy in sleep I went downstairs. I noticed that my sister was dressed up sitting in the hall watching TV.

"Rose why are you dressed up?" I asked still in sleep. "You said we'd go to the park" she said not moving her eyes from the TV screen. It was then that I was wide awake, I was supposed to meet Cameron!!

"Shit!!! Rose get your shoes on we're leaving" I said rushing up the stairs to grab my phone and brush my hair. I couldn't believe I had forgotten that I had to go to the park.

The air outside was warm and comfortable....I spotted Cameron in his usual pant and sweat shirt. As soon as he spotted me a smile crossed his face, my heart melted at the sight of his smile. His face was so incredibly beautiful. Would he ever be mine? Will we be together before I leave? Does he even like me? , my thoughts were a jumbled mess while thinking about him. I thought about him day and night, my dreams were complete just by his face. As me and my sister got closer to where he was sitting I noticed there was a boy next to him almost the same age as my sister but there was something familiar about him and Cameron......

"Hey, I thought you had second thoughts about coming" he said, "Anyways this is my brother Brian" he said pointing towards the little boy who I thought looked like him. "Oh hey Brian, this is my sister Rose and i'm Evelyn" I said smiling at him.

"I like you" he said slightly blushing , "Brian go play with Rose and start liking people of your own age" Cameron chuckled pushing Brian off the bench. As Brian and my sister ran of to the swings I sat down next to Cameron.

"Sorry I was late, didn't realize when the time went by" I said looking down at my shoes. "Its fine, so umm....how's life on your end?" He asked glancing at me. "Its fine, i'm shifting though" I said regretting it the minute it came out of my mouth. "Oh" he said with a sharp in take of breath. And the rest of our time just went by sitting there watching our Brian and Rose play....

Cameron's POV

I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly and then all at once...... This was the first thing that came to my mind the minute I noticed her walking down the paved road with her sister. The Fault In Our Stars had pretty amazing lines in it and this was one which decided to pop up into my mind after I saw my world walk down towards me. I saw her eyes go to my brother sitting next to me, as she came closer I noticed my brother staring at her......

"Hey,I thought you had second thoughts about coming" I said, "Anyways this is my brother Brian I said pointing to my brother who was still staring at her. "Oh hey Brian, this is my sister Rose and i'm Evelyn" she said smiling at him.

"I like you" Brian said slightly blushing and I couldn't help but feel possessive about her. "Brian go play with Rose and start liking people of your own age" I said chuckling to lighten up my mind from the possessiveness that had taken over as I pushed him off the bench. As Brian and Rose ran of to the swings she sat down next to me and I felt a strange calmness flood through me.

"Sorry I was late , didn't realize when the time went by" she said looking down. "Its fine, so umm....how's life on your end?" I asked glancing at her face....it was so perfect, I could stare at it forever if I could. "Its fine,i'm shifting though" she said and I was at loss of words, just when I was about to make her mine she had decided to leave. "Oh" I said taking in a sharp breath to calm myself from screaming at her for moving just when she had become the world for me.

We sat there in silence watching both our siblings play, the air around us thick with uncertainty. What if we are together before she leaves? Will a long distance relationship work? Does she feel the same way about me? My mind was lost in thinking about her....about us.