Chapter 15

I was up early on Sunday and I was in a good mood. Yesterday Megan had forgotten about the skype call and I took that time to think about how I would act in front of Kerensa's son. Mature? Innocent? Or myself? I sighed looking out of my bedroom window. His curtains were still closed which meant that he was still asleep and my house was quiet which meant that Rose and Mom were still asleep. Dad was staying in Singapore for the week due to a meeting so he wasn't going to be part of this "tea party".

I felt my stomach rumble and I clutched it.....I would have gone and made myself some breakfast but it was a fact that I never got up this early on a weekend and everyone in my family was well aware of it. I tied my hair in a bun and sat on my bed....it was then that it clicked to me that I still had an empty notebook to complete from the day I got to know we were moving. I opened the drawer which was next to my bed and got the notebook out. I knew exactly what I was going to do........

Half an hour and ten minutes later I was done with half the book.....I smiled at my imagination and closed the book. I checked the time and it was exactly the time when I would get up so I went downstairs and I was knocked out of my senses when I smelt a mixture of cinnamon and butter! My mom was baking!!!! This was exciting for me because my mom rarely baked unless it was an occasion and her baking is one of a kind so we rarely got to taste the delicious cakes my mom knew how to bake.

I went into the kitchen and the amazing aroma became stronger. "Good morning honey!" She smiled wiping her flour covered hands on her apron. She came and gave me a warm hug and a peck on my forehead. This, we did everyday. As she headed to the oven and turned her back to me I went to take a cake from the tray. "Nooo, Eve don't you dare touch that! You'll be having that at tea with Kerensa!". I sighed...my mom knew me too well.

"Mom i'm going to go get ready. Is Rose up?"

"Yeah she's up, she must be in her room."

I went upstairs and knocked on her door. We might fight and argue but we both knew what privacy meant so she never failed to knock and I did the same.

"Come in!"

"Hey Rose, you ready already?"

"Ya, mom said I could go next door instead of Kerensa aunty's house since there would be only elders"

"That's nice, when are you leaving?"

"Mom said she'd drop me after she was done baking"

I nodded and headed off into my room to get ready. I opened my closet doors and huffed! I had absolutely no idea what I should wear!! Since it was warm I picked a black tank top , cardigan and paired it with skinny jeans which made my legs look long. I fishtail braided my hair, letting a few strands fall and put on a chain with a simple pendant and added it with some charm bracelets.

After I was done I wondered if I should put on any make up or just put on some lip gloss. I heard mom call me downstairs which meant we had to go so I sent a text to Megan.

*Hey, I'm going for tea should I put on light make up or just lip gloss? ~ Eve*

*You wouldn't ask me that unless there is a hot guy included but I suggest just put on lip gloss.~ Megan*