Chapter 18

"Eve, come downstairs!"

I heard my mom yell as I groaned and got out of bed. My headaches had gotten worse and apparently they came early morning. I made sure I had sufficient food instead of stuffing myself like I usually do. I had thrown up three times till now and I was absolutely tired of my condition. I went downstairs and lazily walked into the living room, as I entered I saw mom gripping a brown envelope.

"Mom what's wrong?"

"Your test reports came early. I got a call saying that it was necessary to send it early"

"Oh, then open it! Its not like something is wrong with me"

I saw her eyes look at me with uncertainty until she tore open the envelope and took out a white folded paper. She slowly unfolded it and read it. I stared at her face slowly seeing her face turn from uncertainty to horrified. Slowly she sobbed and a single tear dropped as she brought her hand to her mouth.

"Mom! What happened?"

*..........*

*Mom answer me!*

I went over and snatched the paper from her hand. Slowly reading the reports I started feeling numb. I couldn't cry,scream or move.

"Eve, I'm so sorry"

"Its not your fault so don't say sorry, just give me some time to absorb this"

I went into my room without waiting for her reply. This couldn't be happening to me. Why did it have to be me?

I sat on my bed and took my phone. I was debating whether to tell Megan and Amber or not. Finally I took a picture of the report and sent it to both of them. It surprised me how fast both of them replied.

* What in the world?!?! Eve you better not be joking! ~ Megan*

* Shit! Eve there is a limit to joking! ~Amber*

* M not lying :"(*

* I'm coming over and we're having a fullweek sleepover ~ Amber*

*Be there in ten ~ Megan*

I sighed looking out of the window as my eyes started burning and slowly my tears started flowing. I cried out and sobbed till my tears had dried up on my cheeks and my throat was dry. I heard my door creak open and I looked up to see two concerned faces belonging to Amber and Megan.

"Eve I'm so sorry"

Both of them came over and we had a group hug where I started crying in a very ugly way as Megan and Amber followed. We stayed like that until Megan asked how it all came to this. I told them every detail and asked them to keep it between the three of us. The night was spent in my room with chips, soda and popcorn. We watched 22 jump street and I slept half way through the movie.