Chapter 36

I woke up just as the credits rolled in specifying that the movie was over. I gave out a loud yawn and looked around me. Andres was completely passed out and was full on snoring. Amber had disappeared. I looked around me and the saw the kitchen light was on. I crept to the kitchen. When I was close enough I heard a loud sob.

I immediately went into the kitchen and saw Amber there crying her eyes out. "Oh Amber...." I whispered and she looked up. Her eyes were bloodshot and puffy indicating that she had been crying for long. I went over to her and pulled her into my arms. "Shhh...its going to be okay honey. I promise" I kept rocking her back and forth until she calmed down. When I looked down I saw that she had fallen asleep. I tried to move her but I wasn't strong enough.

"Need help?" I almost dropped Amber when I looked up to see Andres standing there with his bedhead. He looked hot. Wtf! What is wrong with you?! I gave a small nod and Andres came by my side immediately. He picked up Amber bridal style and walked into the living room. I looked up at the clock and saw that it was three in morning. I rubbed my palms over my tired eyes and let out another big yawn. "Get some sleep" I jumped again. I placed my hand over my heart "You have to stop doing that!" he gave out a low chuckle.

I went past him into the hall and made myself comfortable on the ground. Just as I pulled the blanket over me I felt Andres lie down next to me. His body gave out heat instantly warming me. I felt his leg brush mine and it was then I noticed that we both were sharing a blanket. Before I could say anything I started feeling nauseous. This hadn't happened for the past month....I thought I was getting better. I felt my stomach do a flip. I rushed to the bathroom, hearing Andres call out from behind me.

While emptying my stomach I felt someone hold my hair back and another hand rubbing my back. Since the hand was quite heavy I knew it was Andres. Once I was done I cleaned up and we both headed to the living room. I sat indian style on the ground and stared at my hands. I knew the questions would come in 1...2...3. "What happened there? Do you have food poisoning? I should call the doctor!" Andres kept asking as he sat down beside me.

"Andres calm down. Its nothing." Something must have given out that I was lying cause he raised a questioning eyebrow. "Yea and pigs can fly." I gave out a short laugh and his smile brightened. "Lets play 20 questions but instead of 20 we ask each other 6 questions?" He gave an eager nod. This was always his favorite game. We started off with me asking Andres first.

"Favorite color?"

"Dark blue"

"Favorite sport?"

"Basketball"

"First kiss?" he fell silent after that and my heart hammered in my chest for god knows what reason.

"No one" I stared at him bewildered just as my heart slowed down with the hammering. "Your kidding right? And no this does not count as a question."

"No I'm not kidding. Yes I had a lot of flings but I never let any one of them get near my lips." I gave a small nod. "Three more questions right?" I asked and he gave another nod.

"Umm....Idea for a first date?"

"Horror movie and a bunch of junk food." I smiled. That was something that I would think of.

"Sunset or Sunrise?"

" Sunset" I knew that from before. He liked sunsets because of the bright but dull atmosphere it cast upon a city telling everyone that it was the end of another day with the help of colors.

"Your turn" he tapped his chin. As far as I knew him he would go straight to the point.

"Why did you puke back there?" I sighed.

"Before you came I was diagnosed with stage 3 brain tumor. I haven't puked for the past whole month so we paused with the treatment because we thought I was getting better....turns out I'm not." his face was a mixer of every expression I could think of.

"I tortured you when I moved here and you were ill all this time...." I saw a strong void of guilt in his eyes. "Hey no it isn't your fault. You didn't know" I tried to calm him down but he wouldn't have it. "Go to sleep Evelyn." he lay down turned away from me. I huffed and did the same. I never meant to make him feel guilty. He had done things he isn't proud of but everyone makes mistakes and I didn't think that he would take this illness of mine as a reason to feel guilty for his doings.

My eyes started drooping and in another second I was dragged into a deep dark void of peace.

*****************************************************************************************************

"WAKE THE HELL UP YOU SLEEPY BUMS!" I groaned and pushed my pillow over my head. I felt Andres groan next to me as well. "YOU GUYS ARE SUCH LAZY ASSES" I peeked out of my pillow and saw Amber was sitting on the couch with her legs crossed. "Shush Amber! Let us sleep." I closed my eyes taking in the silence. But it didn't last for long. "PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE WAKE UP! I'M BORED!" Amber wailed and then I heard a thud. I immediately looked up to see Amber on the ground with a pillow on her head.

"Shut up!" I heard Andres's husky morning voice. I gave out a giggle and watched as Amber slowly got up and tip toed into the kitchen. Oh no. I tiptoed into the kitchen just in time to see Amber filling a glass of cold tap water. When she saw me she brought one finger to her lips, silently asking me to keep quiet. I nodded as a devious smile made its way onto my face. I grabbed the can of whipped cream and we both tiptoed back into the hall. It took everything in me to not burst out laughing at the way Andres was snoring.

I decided to go first and I let Amber know. I held Andres hand with the palm facing up. I put whipped cream on it and Amber handed me a thread. I got up and sat on the couch so that when I looked down Andres's face was facing me. I dangled the thread and let it move around his nose for a while. I clamped a hand on my mouth as I saw his nose twitch.

Just as I thought he brought his right hand on his nose; smearing the cold whipped cream on his bottom half face. His face twisted in confusion as his eyes slowly opened. I jumped over the couch and Amber took my place. Just as Andres completely opened his eyes, Amber poured the water over him.

"WTF! EVELYN! AMBER!" we both laughed like maniacs as he stood up. We both dashed for the stairs and ran down the corridor towards my room. I heard Andres's heavy running from behind us, but we got to my room before he could reach us.

I slid the lock into place just as Andres started pounding on the door. Amber and me laughed maniacally. "Jokes on you Evelyn....I know where your room keys are hidden." At that Amber and me stopped laughing. We both stared at each other like two deer caught in headlights. Amber went to the side of the door just as the knob twisted. Andres jumped in and Amber immediately pushed him aside and ran outside screaming her head off. Andres was stunned for a minute but immediately gained his composure as he saw me standing there.

A smirk got etched onto his face. I backed away as he took steps forward. I moved back until the back of my legs hit my bed and I fell on it with a scream. In a minute Andres was on me. He started tickling me in all the right spots. " A-andres stop." I laughed and wheezed at the same time. He stopped all of a sudden and while laughing I saw him gazing at me with a small smile on his face.

He slowly leaned in and my laughter seized. His lips were a mere inch from mine. Just one move and they'd touch.

He leaned in slowly and then..........

*****************************************************************************************************

A/N: Muahahahaha! Do they kiss or nah? Don't kill me....I'm too young. Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Happy reading bookworms! :)