Chapter 41

The bacon in the pan sizzled and popped. Beside me Amber stirred up some chopped vegetables in hot garlic sauce. Andres had gone to his house to get his school bag and an extra set of clothes. Austin decided to do the same. I put the flame on a lower level .  I went to back to the bacon and put them out on to a plate and set up two small bowls of sauce next to it.

"Have you taken your medicines?" Amber said and I shook my head. "I'm supposed to take them after dinner. I went upstairs to my room and brought my phone and bluetooth speaker down. "What song?" I asked scrolling through my phone. "Play A little death by The neighborhood" I squealed and put the song on. Amber came over and increased the volume until the whole counter was vibrating. I swayed to the music, moving my hips here and bobbing my head there. 

"I could get used to this" Amber and me spun around to see Austin and Andres standing there with a smug smile plastered on their faces. I don't know what came over me but I winked and spun back to Amber. The boys had gone god knows where while we kept dancing to the music. Once the cooking was done Amber and me transferred everything to the living room. I switched of my speaker and the song ended. "What movie to watch?" I ask Amber going through the stack of CD's I had. 

"Oh no babe, we already have a movie." I got back up and felt my heart flutter when Andres called me babe. I put a hand on my hip and looked at Andres questioningly. He held up a CD and my eyes widened. I looked over at Amber and her expression was mirroring mine. "Time for a little scare." Austin said from behind Andres with a smirk.

We all got ready to watch the movie when I realized that I had forgotten the popcorn. I got up and headed to the kitchen . I separated the popcorn in two bowls and handed one over to Amber. Austin and Andres were spread out on the sofa while Amber and me took the floor. I pulled my blanket till my chest and then hit the play button. I felt Amber scoot closer to me and Austin snickered. I looked behind me and gave him my best death glare. 

Amber clutched on to my arm and I did the same with her other hand. The movie started off and it took everything in me to stop from running out of the house screaming like a mad woman. I clutched onto my blanket and Amber's hand like my life depended on it. I winced when I felt Amber's nails dig into my skin but I knew that I must be doing the same to her.

*Half way through the movie*

"ANDRES YOU MESSED UP PIECE OF POOP!" Amber yelled at the top of her voice. I covered my precious ears before they started bleeding. Amber pulled her blanket till her chin and let out a deep breath. I looked behind me and Andres was sitting stunned while Austin had a fist in his mouth to keep from laughing. I paused the movie and took a deep breath. "I'm going to use the bathroom." I got up and went through the kitchen hallway but before that I peeked into the living room again and narrowed my eyes at Austin and Andres.

"No jump scares or I will personally shave all your hair in the middle of the night." Their eyes widened and their hands were immediately on their hair. I smirked and went to the bathroom. Just to be safe I took my phone with me and switched on the flash. Just as I thought someone switched off the bathroom light. I flushed and washed my hands. Then I decided to have some fun myself. I could still see a shadow from the narrow slit of space under the door. I rumpled my clothes and my hair up a bit and then let my hand slap the door loudly.

"EDWARDO NO! LEAVE ME ALONE. DON'T TOUCH ME, EDWARDO PLEASE." Immediately I heard banging on the door. "Evelyn open the door! Open it damn it!" I put my fist in my mouth to keep from laughing. I let my hand fall against the door again. The lights switched on. I let out another scream. "ANDRES HELP ME! PLEASE!" I heard the lock turn and then Andres burst in with a baseball bat in his hand.

"Where is that ugly bastard?!" He looked around frantically until he saw me. I burst out laughing. His face morphed into confusion and then amusement was clear on his face. I went to him and leaned in close to ear. "Karma is a really bad bitch" I whispered and then went downstairs.

Andres's P.O.V

I shuddered a little as her whisper left my body tingling. I closed my eyes a little and her face came to mind. Her smirk, her smile, her laugh. Her laugh. That was my most favorite sound. Ladies and Gentlemen my feelings for Eve had grown a lot and by a lot I meant that they had sky rocketed. I opened my eyes and blinked a few times. Her safety was everything to me now.....so much that my own safety didn't matter. I rubbed my eyes and went downstairs after switching off the light. I took my seat on the couch and glanced at Evelyn.

She was already looking at me with a sly grin on her face. I gave out a low chuckle and shook my head. She looked back at the screen and played the movie. My gaze stayed on her as I watched her pull her blanket higher on her face in anticipation and then her face morphed to horror as she squealed in a low voice and hid her face. A smile made its way onto my face at how cute she was. The TV screen cast shadows on her face. I took everything of her in. Her figure, face, the curve in between her neck and shoulder, the soft channel of her lips. She was beautiful.

She was beautiful inside out and I wasn't going to waste any more time fooling around. I would keep her safe and I would be the one keeping that ghostly smile on her lips. She wasn't going to have to lose anyone this time. She could trust me....I won't leave her side no matter what. I made myself promise and then looked back at the screen.

Edwardo I hope hell has created a special place for you, cause that's where you'll be soon. I narrowed my eyes at the screen deep in thought until I was snapped out of my thoughts by a hand on my shoulder. I looked at Austin and then followed his line of vision. There in front of me the girls had fallen asleep. I looked at Evelyn lightly snoring. She looked so peaceful but troubled at the same time. I paused the movie and got up. I was about to pick up Evelyn when Austin made a sound. I looked over at him and he was shaking his head.

"I think they should sleep here with us in the living room. Just so we know their there in the house." his eyes went to Amber for a minute and my own went over to Evelyn. I nodded and set Evelyn's head comfortably on a pillow. Before my mind could catch up with my body I leaned down and lightly kissed Eve's forehead. I felt her stir a bit and then she went still. I let out a yawn and headed to the couch. 

Evelyn....I love you. 

And then it was darkness.