Chapter 26

A/N: Hey bookworms....this chapter might be a bit long (compensation for the last chapter). Hope the book is up to your expectations.If not then please comment, I'd love to improve on it. Happy reading! ☺
**********
Evelyn's POV
The love tunnel was great and pictures were taken when we were made to kiss, hug and cuddle. After we came out once again we were heading out separate ways. Cameron and me decided to go to the fun house that didn't have such a big line.

"Eve you go ahead, I'm just going to make a call"

"Sure"as he headed off I gave a ticket to the person outside the fun house and I stepped in. At first there was nothing but as I went in deeper there were mirrors around me. For some reason while others found it creepy specially in the dimmed light I found it to be fascinating. I slowly went from one mirror to another watching myself become tall, thin, short and fat. When I reached the last one I saw the reflection that I would have never wanted to see in a million years.

Standing behind me in my reflection was Edwardo. He wasn't smiling warmly, he was grinning..... I would have known what that grin meant even if I suffered from amnesia. I slowly turned and realized that no one was there. I took a deep breath and jogged deeper in to get to the exit. When I stopped I was breathless, all of a sudden I felt someone breathing right beside my ear. I didn't turn around..... I stopped there frozen as the words that came out of whoever was behind me hit me like a punch to my stomach.

I finally found you princesa. I screamed and went on my knees covering both my ears. I felt someone shaking me, as I looked up I saw Cameron. I couldn't help but start crying. Cameron kept rubbing my shoulders saying soothing things to me.

"Shh.... calm down Eve, your alright" After about five minutes I felt myself calm down. Cameron picked me up bridal style and before I knew it we were out of the fun house.

"We're going home Eve" Cameron looked at me with a blank expression. He set me down slowly and I started thinking about what had happened in the fun house. Whatever had happened in the fun house must have been an illusion.

"No Cam, I'm completely fine"

"Eve your not! If I hadn't come then you might have fainted"

"Cam, this might as well be the last time we all will be together attending a fair out of our home town." Tears welled up in my eyes as the thought crossed my mind.

"You didn't have to remind me you know" I saw Cameron look into empty space sadly. I went and wrapped my arms around his waist. I heard him sigh and encircle his arms around me.

"You deserve someone so much better than me" I heard him murmur

"Cam, what do you mean?"

"Nothing ,let's go to the Ferris wheel" I nodded and we walked to the Ferris wheel, on the way I went ahead and brought a cotton candy and some popcorn. I saw Cameron on his phone typing away to whoever he was chatting with.

Cameron's POV
I didn't think that eve would hear me when I said that she deserved someone better than me. It was a thought to myself. I couldn't get the picture of her in the fun house out of my head. She looked so scared and vulnerable. She never told me what had scared her so much in the fun house and I want going to push for it cause I had lost all rights too. It was time to tell her what had happened.

"Nothing, let's go to the Ferris wheel. On the way eve decided to buy cotton candy and popcorn. I took out my phone and sent a text to Megan, Amber and Jeff.

*Its time. Please come to the Ferris wheel*. I immediately received a reply from Amber and Jeff.

*Austin and me will be in the crowd....to keep an eye on her-Amber*

*All the best buddy- Jeff*. After reading Jeff's text I got a reply from Megan.

*I'll be there where you both can see me- Meg*

I took a deep breath and looked up just in time to see Eve coming to me.

"Let's go" she said as she took a bite of the cottong candy. By the time we reach the Ferris wheel the empty popcorn box and cotton candy stick were disposed.

There wasn't really a line for the Ferris wheel cause it was pretty Kate. On the way to the ticket booth I spotted Amber and Austin....we caught each other's eye and both of them just gave me a slight nod. The line moved quickly and we would have gotten into the pod if Eve hadn't spotted Megan.

"Cam, look Megan is over there" she waves to Megan but Megan doesn't wave back.

"Why didn't she wave back? And is she crying?"

"Eve she's fine....I don't think she saw you" Before she can ask anymore questions I push her into the pod.

Evelyn's POV

I was sure Megan had seen me and I was also sure that she was crying....but why? Cam and me took a sit facing each other as the ferris wheel slowly started moving. The view kept getting tiny and more incredible. Soon enough I forgot about Megan, Amber, Austin and Cameron who was sitting right in front of me.

Suddenly I felt the pod jerk and I came back to my senses. The Ferris wheel had stopped when our pod had reached the extreme top and I felt giddy all of a sudden. I looked around me fascinated by the incredible view of the lights and tiny people below.

Cameron took my hands in his and I looked at him. His eyes were a mixture of emotions that I couldn't derive. I started getting worried.

"Cam, you alright?" He just nodded and took in a deep breath.

"Eve, we have been longing to tell you something for a long time and we think now is the right time" I could feel myself tensing up. We? Who was we?

"What do you mean by "we" Cam?"

"Eve, I need to tell you something......"

Amber's POV

All of us were eagerly waiting for the Ferris wheel to start again. I was tensed,worried and scared as to how Eve would react. Thoughts that could destroy someone started coming into my mind but I pushed them into one corner. I squeezed Austin's hand in anticipation and Austin squeezed back.

Eve had been going through enough.....this would just break her.....shatter her to infinite unfixable pieces. This was never what she deserved, this was never what she wished for. If I was in her place is would have wished to go anywhere,somewhere but faraway.