Chapter 28

I turned to Joe and realized that she knew who they were.

"Eve its time to let out your feelings. Tell him how you feel and hear his side of the story as well." I sighed and opened the door.

It took a minute until Amber spotted me and then it was a chain reaction with Megan,Cameron and Austin.Amber came running to me and I was enclosed in a hug.

"Oh my god! Eve never do that again! We were going to call the police" she pulled back with tears in her eyes.

"I'm alright. My mom is coming to pick me up. You guys should head home now." I said not making eye contact with anyone.

"Eve....that's all you have to say? We were worried sick about you." Austin said taking a step towards me.

I gave a smirk and looked at him.

"I'm sure Amber and you were worried sick....not sure about the rest" my voice is cold as my eyes glance to Megan and Cameron.

I see a hint of hurt in both their eyes and almost laugh. How dare they feel hurt! Specially after what they did.

"Amber and the rest of you head home. It's getting late. I'll be fine, mum will be here in a while"

"Eve you can't stay here alone. I won't allow it" I hear Cameron. Something snaps in me as I look at him. I'm sure if looks could kill he wouldn't be in front of me.

"Who the fuck are you to care and since when do you care huh?!" I shout and I see Megan flinch.

"Eve calm down. I know your mad but please just calm down." Amber said touching my shoulder. Her touch is warm and a part of me breaks as I turn to her.

"Amber how can I calm down after all this? I thought today would be great but it was a disaster! Everything with me is a disaster!" I said quietly,tears were streaming down my face now.

"Oh Eve...I'm so sorry" she pulls me into another hug as I break down. When my eyes are deprived of any water coming out I pull away and give her a sad smile.

"Eve please hear me out." Cameron said. I turn towards him.

"It's Evelyn for you from now on. Now continue before I change my mind" I said remembering Joe's words.

"It was two weeks into our relationship when I decided to find out why you were fainting all the time and why Andres had tried to kiss you. So I went to Amber... She told me everything and I was furious after that. I wanted to double check the story so I went to Megan and she confirmed it too. I needed someone to comfort me and you weren't an option cause I was mad at you for not telling me....in my anger I didn't think and I kissed Megan....." I shut my eyes and squeezed them tight.

"I'm so sorry Eve...I never meant to hurt you" I opened my eyes and looked at him. I was sure my look was cold cause he looked away from me.

"Sorry can't fix everything can it Cameron. And well, you did hurt me. More than I expected. I don't want to see you again.....and I don't want you in my life" I turn to Megan and walk to her.

"You did a great job being my best friend Megan. Thank you for showing me that Monsters aren't under our beds their in people....specially the ones close to you. You can forget you had a best friend named Evelyn Sharkey cause I sure will forget I had a best friend named Megan"

"Eve please don't do this....I'm sorry" I gave her a cold smile.

"Sorry can't solve everything. It's time you learnt that. But remember don't try to contact me in any way.... Your dead to me" Megan shut her eyes as tears rolled down. But I continued...

"You knew what I had been through in Beatrice...you knew it took forever to make me who I was before all this. Yet you did it. Thank you once again for breaking my trust Megan and the next time I don't trust anyone it'll always be cause of you" I turned away and looked at Austin.

" Austin get them all home safe. And I'm not mad at Amber and you."

"Amber....go safe and text me when you get home alright?" I told her with a bit of warmth in my voice. I gave her a sad smile as she hugged me.

"Bye Eve" she pulled back. I watched everyone get into the car. I noticed Cameron trying to catch my eye but I didn't look at him or at Megan. When they were gone I let out a breath which I didn't know I was holding.

I went on my knees and cried my heart out....let out all the grief. I felt someone give me a hug.

"It'll be alright sweetie. It'll all go by" Joe said. I got up and went inside. After fifteen minutes mom arrived and I was feeling a bit better by then. She ran into the store and hugged me tightly straight away.

"Let's get you home honey" she pulled back as I gave a small nod. I turned to Joe and gave her a small smile.

"You have known me for only a few hours but yet you led me through the right path....thank you so much Joe. I would be a disaster right now without you". She gave me a warm smile.

" Sweetie I'm a mother too...I know how a daughter or a girl feels when she has her heart broken. I did my duty and there is no need for a thank you. Just take care of yourself and remember.... It'll all go by"

We stepped out and got into mum's car. I strapped the belt around me and took in a breath.

"Honey are you okay?" I looked straight ahead.

"I'm all good mum just really very heartbroken"

She started the car and we were on our way home. My mother's phone pinged.

"Amber said she reached home safe and that she'll call or come over tomorrow" I nod again and look out.

The sky was studded with stars that shined like diamonds on a dark blue cloth. We all have our own amount of shine just like those celestial bodies...I just lack most of it. My eyes slowly closed as that thought came to my mind and I felt myself sigh.

★★★★★★★★★★★★

A/N: Ola! Late updates are getting common with me and i'm sorry but I'm abroad and living in a place with high network probs....please bear with the late updates. Anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter. Plz comment and vote. Happy reading Bookworms.