Stay

A Star Is Born playlist is on my YouTube channel if you wanna check it out.

There's a group chat on snap too that I can add you in!

Snap: @madd_jades

Instagram: @maddie3420

TikTok: @maddiejades18

All the love, Mad

(Harry's POV)

"I thought we had begun to solve our problems. I thought we were finally ready to move on. But weeks have past and we're still strangers to each other. She said she wanted me to show my feelings, but now every time I try, she stops me. Maybe not with her words, but with the look on her face. It hurts her when I try to talk about it-I hurt her. And I don't want to cause her anymore pain, so I don't bring it up anymore. At least not to her. I don't know, I-I just feel like she's pushing me away." I try to explain.

"Why do you think Jordyn is choosing to push you away?" The woman in the tall, navy blue chair across from me questions.

"I thought you were the one who's supposed to tell me." I joke.

"I see your humor is still intact." She writes something unknown down on her paper that I'm sure is helping with the analyzation of yours truly.

"Always." My lips find a smile that's not as genuine as I'd like it to be.

"Harry, even though humor may be an easy defense mechanism to have on hand, we aren't going to get anywhere if you don't allow yourself to feel what's already in you. You have to be honest with yourself before you can be honest with anyone else. And if you can't even be honest with yourself, how do you expect Jordyn to be honest with you?"

Ever since I've gone through therapy with Miranda, she's always given it to me straight. That's something I've always admired about her. She doesn't waste time nodding her head and saying "Mm Hm," to spare my feelings. Because in the long run, sparing some of my feelings will only cause more of them to implode within myself.

My eyes catch a stray strand of her black hair poking out of her straightened hairdo, then wonder down her sun kissed skin to find her tattoo painted into her forearm. Somehow, I always find myself staring at this. Wondering what it means and why she got it. I think it tends to happened when I'm trying to distract myself because I dread having to talk about something I know I need to.

My leg bounces anxiously as I begin to try to offer my explanation. "I don't know why Jordyn is pushing me away. That night when everything happened in the bathtub... when she screamed at me not to touch her-

I clear my closing throat. "She tried to explain herself later that night, but I stopped her because I knew she wasn't ready to talk about it. But now... I wish I hadn't stopped her. And I know that's selfish, but I want to know why-or what it was that I did."

"Have you considered that maybe it was nothing you did?" She wonders.

"It must of been." I pause, sighing at the thought of the words I'm about to speak. "You... you didn't see the way she looked at me, the way she looks at me now. Every since that night everything accrued... she can barely look me in the eye and if she does it's like she doesn't really see me. And if I'm honest, I don't see her anymore either."

"Harry... you and Jordyn both have been through something very traumatic. It takes time to process something like that and to heal from it. But you can heal from it. I know you are there for Jordyn already, but another part of being there for her is respecting her wishes when she's not ready to come forward and talk about whatever it is she's keeping from you. That doesn't mean she never will, I'm sure she just needs time. Just as you do. But I can't speak for her, personally. Remember I'm not here to help her, I'm here to help you, quite frankly." She teases, pointing her pen towards me.