Am I Ready?

(Jordyn's POV)

As I run a fresh bar of soap over my body, I take a moment to relax my tense self.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be happier right now. But the thought of what's to come is nerve racking to a dangerous degree. There's just so much to be nervous about. What will happen with Harry and I, the show, my disapproving and not so understanding family?

Oh god, there gonna hate me. Well... the majority of them, anyway.

Maybe it's for the best. Or maybe it's just a necessary sacrifice that needs to be made.

A knock on the door pulls me back to my unreal reality, causing all my worry to sink down the drain. I used to hate being forced out of my day dream. But now, I couldn't be more grateful.

"It's just me. Breakfast has arrived." Harry informs in a gentle voice.

"Alright, I'll be out in a minute." I promise.

Part of me wants to tell him to come in. All the way in to join me in the shower. But I'm not ready for that yet. We need to slow things down a bit. We barely know each other and that will change as the tour continues, but until then, it's best if we wait.

He'll understand and respect that. I'm not worried about that. It's just bringing it up that's stressing me out.

Remembering my things are on the other side of the wall, I peak my head through the cracked door and call for Harry.

"Yes?" He answers.

"Could you bring me my bag, please?"

"Be right there, love." He calls out.

He sets the bag beside the door with a polite smile and leaves me alone to get dressed.

After I do, I met him at a dining table covered with carbs.

I'm too hungry to care about calories right now.

"Oh my god, this looks amazing." I take in a big whiff of chocolate pancakes, bacon, eggs, and coffee.

"It taste even more amazing." He says, taking a large bite of bacon.

I take a sip of orange juice.

"Like you." He adds subtly.

I chock. Majorly. Just swallow, swallow.

"Spitters are quitters, Jordyn." I'm shocked to my core that Harry managed to get out any words with that smirk on his face.

I clear my throat one final time. "Um, Harry- I cough. "Speaking of that... stuff, I think we need to slow things down a little. I mean, I don't know what came over me last night." I admit with a chuckle. "Not that I regret it. I definitely do not regret what happened." I quickly add. "But, I just think it's best to really get to know each other before anything else happens between us... sexually." I swallow loudly as I wait for his response.

His eyes wonder around the room, his mind somewhere else.

When he finally meets my eyes, he looks heartbroken. He speaks so gently, as if he's afraid his words might break me at any moment. "Jordyn, I'm so, so sorry if I pushed you into anything you weren't ready for-

"No! No, no, no. Harry, you didn't. I wanted what happened last night to happen. I'm just saying, before we take things any further, I think it's important to know you better. And for you to know me." I explain, desperately hoping he'll understand me clearly.

"You swear you were one hundred percent comfortable last night?" He doubts. "Don't be afraid to tell me if you weren't. I need to know if you weren't." He explains seriously.