Negative?

(Jordyn's POV)

"But-I-I take birth control and we use condoms. And I'm irregular, Harry. Just because I'm late doesn't mean-

"Jordyn," his thumb traces gentle circles around my knuckles. "You were just sick... I don't think it's a bug that you have."

"But-

My scared eyes fill with tears. My chest rises rapidly as my breathing becomes unstable.

I'm having a panic attack. I can feel the familiar closing of my throat and the invisible weight crushing my chest.

"Jordyn?" Harry's voice is all of a sudden terrified and for good reason. "Jordyn? You have to calm down. Please calm down." He begs. "Breathe, love. Breathe."

His hands find my flushed cheeks and hold them, turning my head to face his worried eyes. "Jordyn, baby, I need you to take deep breaths in and out for me. Please, love."

I try my best to calm my frazzled self but I do a shitty job.

"Look, we're no even positive it's not just the bug going around. You might be right. We need to get you a pregnancy test. Or three." Harry adds getting to his feet.

The loss of his contact snaps me back. "Where are you going? Please don't leave me. I can't do this-

"Sh, sh." His hands cup my face once again. "I'm just gonna go grab my phone from downstairs to call a friend to fetch some pregnancy tests for us. I can't exactly go out and buy some myself. The press would have a field day if I got caught and I don't want our business all over social media. Especially when it's about the possibility of us having a child.

I take a shaky breath in. "O-okay." I nod frantically.

"I'll be right back, I promise."

And I'm alone, feeling as if the walls are closing in on me, about to swallow me whole.

What am I gonna do if it's positive? I want kids but not now. Not at the very moment my life's about to start. But I don't have the heart to give it up. I'll have no choice but to drop everything and give the baby all the love and support it deserves. But what about Harry?

He can't drop everything and help me raise a child. He's in the prime of his life. Too many people are counting on him and I can't expect him to let all of them down for me. For us.

What if this ruins his career? God forbid, his life? I couldn't take the responsibility of being that cause of that. Of his unhappiness.

Oh God, what do I do?

I pray.

"Okay, I've got a friend getting the pregnant tests and they'll be here shortly." Harry rushes back through the bedroom door, a little out of breath from the journey up the stairs.

I'm too stuck in my head to ask or care who's bringing the tests. I'm more concerned with taking them once they've arrived.

I wonder down stairs to make a glass of water. Ignoring Harry's offers to help. I need one second by myself. Call me selfish if you will, but if you were as stressed out as I am at the moment, you would want to take it out on the closest person to you as well. And the last thing Harry deserves is for me to take this out on him.

It's my shitty luck that got the both of us into this mess. It needs to fall in me. No one else.

I drink up, knowing I'm about to have to pee a few times when I hear a knock on the door. I set my half empty glass on the counter and tighten my black robe as I peak through the window.