A Familiar Stranger

TREAT PEOPLE WITH KINDNESS VIDEO IS OUT!!! Who lost their shit when they saw Harry dance?? What was your favorite part?! Comment below!!

Mine was when he was the one who was like dipped (idk what you'd call it) at the very end and not her.

I think the video was meant to represent his feminine side and state that ITS OKAY.

But I don't know, that's just my opinion. Tell me yours in the comments please.

Let me add you in the ASIB group chat:

@madd_jades

Fallow me on Instagram if you want:

@maddie3420

Thank you so much for getting this book to 48 THOUSAND reads!! You're support and love for this book is unfathomable to me. I never thought ASIB would become what it has and it's ALL because of you. Thank you so much.

All the love, Mad

(Jordyn's POV)

I look at the grey sky out my window. My eyes catching the rain drops scattered aimlessly along its glass. "I thought it wasn't supposed to rain in La." I say with subtle bitterness in my tone.

It may be subtle, but it's there.

"It rarely does. Must be a special occasion."

"Or a shitty one." I mumbled causing a shrug out of Harry. I watch as he visibly brushes my remark off his seemingly light shoulders. I wonder on why that is. Why he seems somewhat... unaffected by everything that has occurred these past few of days. The past week really.

Not that I want him to be bawling his eyes out or anything. I've have that covered for the both of us since we received the news. But, he just seems off. Not happy, not upset, but... numb?

Harry is a lot of things, but numb is not one of them-has never been one of them. Until now, apparently. Which I can't seem to comprehend. I admire his sensitivity, his ability to allow himself to be vulnerable. Why would he choose to shut off? Now of all times? Maybe because it's too painful to feel? If so, I could understand that. But myself, I don't have the luxury of flipping the switch to my emotions off. If I did, believe me, it would've been off a little under a week ago.

I don't know, maybe I'm just reading too much into it and he's just trying to move on and not dwell. I pray that's all it is.

But isn't grieving considered the one time you're allowed to dwell and not feel like a failure for doing so?

But which one means you're moving on? Allowing yourself to think about what has happened, or not thinking about it all together?

I've drowned so deep in my own thoughts that I don't realize we're finally home until Harry puts his hand on my shoulder. My head snaps up, a little taken by surprise.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you, love." He apologizes.

"It's not your fault. I'm just... I don't know, everywhere right now."

Or nowhere at all.

I think, keeping my true thoughts to myself.

"I get it. I'm right there with you." He pulls the keys out of the ignition and steps out of the Jeep.

Are you?

Are you with me? If you are then how come I feel so incredibly alone?

Not being sure if my mind is with or against me, I take a deep breath to try and clear all thoughts from my head just to be safe. Harry opens my door and helps me out like the gentleman he is.