Leaving Pickens

My mema found these old notebooks in her shop and I got waaaayyyy too excited about it. I really love my mema.🖤🖤😂😂 Shes the best.

(Jordyn's POV)

I'm helping mom clean the dishes while Harry keeps Mema company on the back porch.

"So, you and Harry have... you know-

"Jesus! Why are you asking me this?!" I cringe.

"Well, because I want to know, duh!" She laughs.

I run the soaked wash cloth over a plate under bubbly water as I debate on what I should tell her. "We've done... stuff. But not everything." I admit in a low voice.

"So like, on a scale from one to ten... how good is he at the stuff?"

"Twelve." I blurt out without thinking.

"Wow." She sighs. "So, you've really went this long without sleeping together?" She doubts.

"Yes." I nod. "I wanted to show him how important sleeping with him is to me. I didn't ever want it to seem like it was this thing that didn't matter. And, I wanted to be in love before I gave up my virginity, to anyone." I add.

"When did you fall for him?" She wonders, putting the leftovers in a container.

"It was that first night I met him. We were on stage while I was singing my song for him and I locked my eyes with his the whole time. And he just stared back at me... it was like for the first time, someone really heard me. Someone saw me for who I was. When he looked at me, he saw every single piece of me. And I felt like he let me see him, too. He let me see every emotion, every scar, every flaw... it's as if we were equally as vulnerable in that moment. And I could see that it didn't matter to him if he was vulnerable in front of me, and the same goes for me." I melt at the memory I'll never dare to forget.

"That's when I fell for him."

"Aww, that's so sweet." She squeals.

"Yeah," I giggle. "I don't know what I'd do without him."

"I have a feeling you'll never have to find out. He's crazy about you. He wouldn't give you up if someone was pointing a gun to his head."

We join Mema and Harry on the porch after everything's all put away. Harry's swaying back and forth on the swing, while Mema's plopped in her chair with her legs cross and rested on a pink stool. Harry scoots over when he sees me, making room for me by his side. I sit sideways, laying my bent legs over his lap. He hugs them sweetly after we're both situated.

"What's this story I hear about you meeting 30 Seconds To Mars and almost hitting Jared's brother in the face?" Harry directs his question to my mom with a smirk.

"You told him?!" She whines, sitting up in her chair.

"No!" I giggle loudly. "I wanted you to tell the story."

"I can't believe you!" She gets out through her long laugh.

"Please, do tell. I would love to hear the story." Harry tries to charm his way into getting the truth out of her. When that failed, he decides threatening her instead will be more effective. "Or I can get Jared on the phone and ask him-

"You have his number?!" Her eyes go wide.

"Who's? Who's number?" Mema asks in confusion.

"Jared Leto's!" Mom explain.

"I'll just ask him." Harry gets out his phone and searches for Jared's contact.

"I'll explain!" Mom yells, terrified of what might humiliate her if Jared were to be on the phone.