Baby Names

In loving memory of
Harold Snipes
March 19, 1944 - December 14, 2020

(Harry's POV)

We get back home from London and crash on the bed immediately. I can't even find the energy to bring our bags in from the car. In saying that, procrastination wins the weak fight and convinces me to get them out later.

Jordyn is pretty much out the second her head hits the pillow, which is more than a rare occasion for her. She usually takes ages to drift to sleep. A side effect of her wondering mind. Though, wondering is a massive understatement.

I peal my shirt off of me and toss it mindlessly to a target aimed at the floor. Sneaking behind Jordyn under the covers, I scoop her up in a hug, spooning my body to hers.

Yes, I do quite enjoy being the big spoon at times.

It doesn't take me long to mirror Jordyn's sleeping state. The sent of her vanilla-coconut shampoo lingers just under my nose as my chin rests in between the back of her shoulder and her neck that-to my benefit-still carries her sweet perfume. She always smells so good.

That's a turn on, not gonna lie.

Once my muscles relax and my thoughts come to a halt, I soon fall to sleep almost as quickly as she did just a moment ago.

When I'm woken up, I see Jordyn sneaking-quite poorly-out the door. The door didn't creak or anything, she just stubbed her toe on the way to the door and cursed a bit too loudly for my sleeping ears not to wake.

Even half asleep, I still chuckle at her adorable clumsiness. "You know? I should get you shoes made of bubble wrap for Christmas." I crow tiredly.

"You better get yourself a pair while you're at it." She fires back with wit.

"Fuck! That's it!" I try to wake myself up with my own enthusiasm, but my eyes still refuse to open as wide as I'd like them too.

"What is?" She joins me back on the bed, laying horizontally. Her head using my bare chest for her pillow.

"Instead of being Mr. and Mrs. Claus for Christmas, we'll be Mr. and Mrs. Klutz." I finish my explanation in a yawn, smiling crookedly through it.

Jordyn giggles a unamused laugh and shakes her head at me in disapproval. "You're an idiot, Harry." She causes the both of us to break out in genuine laughter.

"You, miss Smith, are the one who agreed to marry this so-called idiot." I graze my hand down her arm until I'm met with her hand and instinctively tangle my fingers with hers. She looks up at me with those ocean eyes and my heart sinks with contentment.

"I'll be Mrs. Styles, soon." She leans up to kiss me with her smirky lips.

I can't help grinning like a giddy idiot at the sound of her sharing my name. "Smith, Styles?" I wonder.

Her amused expression turns cold, causing distance to instantly find its way between the two of us. Before I can ask her to explain her reaction, she takes the lead. Clearly ready for this conversation to be over already.

"Look... I know I'm supposed to keep Smith alive because that's how everyone that has supported me so far knows me as... but, that name just reminds me of all the people who didn't show me their support." She shrugs as her tear filled eyes break from mine. "I just don't want to be tied to that name for the rest of my career, or the rest of my life."

"Hey... look at me." I wait for her to meet my gaze. "That's perfectly alright. It's whatever you want. Of course, I'm a little bias because I'd love for you to share my name being the selfish man I am," I chuckle at the way she rolls her eyes and bites back that smile of hers. "But... I would absolutely love to call you Mrs. Jordyn Claire Styles." I whisper her soon to be name on her lips before I devour them with mine. As her mouth widens, our kiss deepens. She invites my tongue in and greets me welcomingly.