Bandaids

(Jordyn's POV)

The spotlight blinds me as the curtain reveals myself to the ecstatic crowd.

Last night, my nerves never had time to sink in, it was only adrenaline that ran through me. But now, with all the pressure weighing on my shoulders, my nerves almost get the best of me, until I remember what Harry and I talked about.

I was born to chase this dream. And it's my time to catch it and hold onto it with everything inside of me. And never even consider letting it slip through my grasp.

With a deep breath, I sing my first song and every fear melts away. All I'm left with is pease. I feel so free, so unashamed to be myself for once in my life. And all because the kindest man I know took a chance on me, in more ways than one. I'm up here because of him. I've never been more grateful for him than I am right now.

The crowd cheers as the music stops. I use this silence to my advantage. "Hi, you guys having fun?"

I hear cheerful 'yeah's coming from every corner of the arena. Along with other things I can quite make out.

"Good, I'm glad. I won't take too much of your time because I know how excited you are to listen to Harry. I mean, dah." I laugh along with them. "Um, but before I share this next song with you, I just want to explain the meaning behind it and where it came from. And where I came from. My name's Jordyn Smith. I'm from a small town in South Carolina called, Pickens. In that town there are mostly small minded people. Those people think that if you understand or find or create or even are something different... something more than just ordinary or what they consider normal, and that is a Jesus fearing Christian," I add before I continue. "Then in their eyes, they see that, they see you as wrong. Most of my family and friends in that town, he'll in South Carolina, has tried to convince me that my dreams are a sin. That my dreams, they're wrong. Being told I was wrong for being myself broke my heart, along with myself."

I swallow the lump in my throat, trying be best to go on without crying. "And I would go to that house that never felt like a home to me, and I would cry for help. I would beg them see me as something... different. Not something that was... forbidden. But no matter what I did, I was always seen as not only the outsider, but the disappointment." My voice breaks. "Damn! I promised myself I wouldn't cry!" I complain.

I catch the crowd either whip their own tears away, or laugh. Or oddly, a combination of both.

I glance to my left to find Harry whipping away some precious tears.

Aww, I didn't mean to make him cry.

Lighten the mood! Lighten the mood!

"Well, I think Harry's crying for the both of us. In a cool way, of course." Everyone, including myself chuckles. I wish they could see how cute he looks when he's embarrassed. Once I glance at him again, he mouths, "Shut up!" With a adorable mean look on his face.

But Harry's like a puppy when he's mad, still cute no matter how hard he tries not to be.

But I have to admit, Harry being embarrassed for once is nice. It's only fair to give him a taste of his own medicine every once in a while.

"Well, anyway, when my family sees this on um... whatever this video ends up on, I won't give a shit how disappointed they are in me because it's my life to live. Not theirs. So let me tell you, if someone has told you that you or your dreams are worthless, just... fuck them! Because every single one of you in here are worth it. Every single one of you are enough. And if they decide not to see that or even look for it, you're better of without them." I take a breathe as the crowd cheers louder than they have before.