Home (not so) Sweet Home

(Jordyn's POV)

The suns setting quickly as the Uber driver comes to a stop at my cul-de-sac, just before my screwed up mess of a driveway. Harry pays him, leaving a gracious tip and gets out of the car.

After we get our things out of the trunk, Harry offers to take my bag, but I insist. He would definitely fall if he tried to carry both of our things up my driveway.

Let's face it, he'll probably fall anyway.

"Be careful, this gravel is really slippery." I warn, recalling the countless times I've fell on my ass in the attempt to make it up the steep hill of red dirt and rocks.

"I'll try. Glad I decided to wear my tennis shoes today." He jokes, beginning his clim up the hill.

We're surrounded by trees and a few houses hidden deep in the woods. I glance over to Harry. Noticing that his mind seems to be elsewhere. "What's wrong?" I wonder, cutting the BS.

"It's just... I don't want you to have to hurt everyone you care about for me." He admits in guilt.

"Harry, I'm not meant to stay here. You know that more than anyone." I say, a little out of breath already from our little hike.

"But are you absolutely sure you want to do this?" He doubts.

"Harry, we're already here. I'm already doing it." I laugh because I don't know what else to do at this point. "Why are you choosing now to ask if I'm sure? I thought you wanted this." Hurt creeps it's way inside me, spreading throughout my body like venom.

"I do!" He quickly assures. "But, you're leaving everything you know behind."

"That's the point!" Huffing a laugh before I continue, "I want to start a new chapter." I explain, something I thought I wouldn't have to do to him of all people.

"What if you didn't have to? What if I moved here?" He offers all too seriously. Causing my body to freeze as I come to a dead stop to stare him down.

Oh my god, he's actually serious.

My eyes go wide as my jaw drops open wider than ever. "Harry," I huff his name, "That's really sweet, but you cannot move to Pickens. That's ridiculous. You have a life in La. A career."

"So do you. Do you think every record label in the country is going to simply over look you from now on? No! They've seen how talented you are. It's only a matter of time until they're begging you to sign with them."

Butterflies bubble in my stomach at the thought of what's to come. "If that's true, then that's all the more reason to leave and go to La. Harry, we can't stay here. I can't stay here any longer." And suddenly I'm reminded of my conversation with, Mona. "And me deciding to move... isn't the same as me deciding to cut them out of my life. That's something they'll have to decide if they want or not, on their own."

Harry nods understanding me fully now. "You're right. I'm sorry I went all-

He sighs, giving his head a disappointed shake. "I just wanted to make sure you were one hundred percent certain that this is what you want."

"It is. I want you, Harry. I would want you if you were broke and no one had a clue who you were, or what you're capable of, as much as I want you right now. Even if you couldn't offer me this exciting life, I would still choose you. I love you. Okay?" I giggle, continuing the climb to the top of disaster.

"Alright. I love you, too." I hear from behind my steps.

"You really would've moved here if I asked you to?" I wonder as curiosity eats at me.