CHAPTER 26: BAGONG ANYO

[ Sabrina Loila - Point of View ]

The rain.

Wherever and whenever.

The rain has always been there as far as I could remember and I don't know why. I don't have any memories of my past. I couldn't even remember my own name and who I was but all I know...

The rain was always there. Like a curse.

"Gising na, Lolita~"

As I open my eyes I saw the bright color of red. It was her long silky hair.

"Sabihin mo, sino ako?" she said it with a smooth voice like a mother lulling her child.

"Briska Koald..." after answering her she smiled and then gave me some space as I helped myself up from laying on her lap. After I sitted myself on the sofa, Miss Briska gently comb my hair with her fingers.

Miss Briska is a petite woman with porcelain skin. She likes wearing revealing clothes like the one she is wearing right now. She looks like a exclusive and high-class dominatrix.

Infront of us sitting beside the table is a man wearing a red mask.

"Mr. Andrew..." I called out to him.

But he only glanced at me before returning his attention outside the window. It looks like we're back on the safe house.

This feeling, waking up and seeing them first. It feels nostalgic.

The first time I woke up, five months ago was inside a abandoned settlement. It was night and the rain was pouring hard. I was alone and I was trying to remember who I am, why I was there?

I was too busy on trying to remember things that I didn't notice that I was bare naked.

And that's how I met Miss Briska and Mr. Andrew. They we're there. They've found me. Even though I oftenly forget some things randomly from time to time, my memories comes back eventually and Miss Briska has been very patient and ever baring with me.

I see her like a older sister and also a mother figure. She gave me my name and she dressed me and cared for me. She also taught me of what she called basic knowledges like reading and writing, the value of money, talking to people and how to take care of myself.

Mr. Andrew has also taught me but he taught me other "things." He opened my eyes and he kindly let me dive in, into his world.

The war.

The Soul guardians.

The Lost guardians.

The Gatekeepers.

The prophecy and the person I must find.

"I've failed. Hindi ko natapos ang Tinakda." I said those while looking into Miss Briska's orange eyes. I was expecting to see her disappointment but I only saw her gentleness..

"'Wag mong sabihin 'yan, hindi ka nabigo. Kahit hindi umayon sa atin ang lahat ay may maganda pa ring nangyari..."

I only starred at her and didn't tried to give any feedback. She continued combing my hair with her finger tips and after that she rested my head into her shoulder.

"Hindi mo rin kailangana mag-alala. Magkakaroon ka pa nang isang pagkakataon, sinisigurado ko 'yon sayo. Kapag napatay mo na ang Tinakda, gagantimpalaan ka nang mabuti ng Panginoong Liberto. Pwede mo hilingin sa kanya ang kahit ano! Pwede mo hilingin sa kanya na ibalik ang lahat ng mga alaala mo."