Interesting Halloween pt. 2

When we got to the party, the group separated. I went to mingle with the earthly ones and the others, well, who cares what they do.

It was a nice time dancing with them earthly ones and laughing with Jace and his friends, that is, until a certain Angel dressed as a devil came and out a hand on my shoulder.

"Ugh.." I felt irritated as soon as I saw her eyes, the pretty blue eyes of the angel I once called a friend. "What do you want?"

Jace steps between Raf and I, likely noticing my discomfort. "Hey, is this a friend, Elos?"

Raf put her hand down, sighing, "Sorry, Elos, I just... Wanted to talk to you. You can't still be mad at me... Right?"

I roll my eyes while walking off to the balcony. "Whatever. Leave me alone, angel."

Raf did try and come after me, but Jace stopped her, such a nice kid.
When I got to the balcony, there was already another devil there, the one I came in with, then left immediately. He looks kind of, sad, for lack of a better word.

Against my better judgement, I call out to him, "Hey, Sulfus... Are you okay?"

He got startled and turned around to face me, leaning back against the rail, honestly I wonder where than confidence from earlier went. "Oh, uh, Elos.. Hi. Yeah, I'm fine."

I raise an eyebrow while moving closer to him. "If that's really true, then why are you our here, and not in there, having fun."

"Doesn't everyone have their own way of having fun?" He shrugged.

"Yeah, that's true... Honestly if Jace wasn't here I'd be where you are right now." I chuckled, now standing beside him. "But this isn't like you."

"That's rich coming from the an- devil who swore up and down she didn't care about anyone or anything." He laughed a little.

"Yeah, well... For a long time under that spell, I confided in you. You know everything about me. I... Cried... In front of you and let you console me. It wouldn't be very angelic if I couldn't return the favor." I couldn't help but smile at him. I don't remember when I stopped being mad, but now I can't even bring myself to be that much.

Sulfus stares at me, like he can see through everything that I am. His devilish stare that I could never get tired of. Then, he smirks, "That did happen. I remember all of that. So that brings me to this question. Why are you trying to act like we don't have a relationship?"

"I haven't acted that way, Sulfus. I've been "acting" like I was hurt by my cheating devil of a boyf- ahem." I cleared my throat, having to stop myself from making the facts anymore real. I mean, there's no use getting hurt over the past, right? It was just a mistake. It was an illusion brought on by someone else. It wasn't his fault, but I was so hurt that I let that turn me into what I am now. A devil.

"A-anyway. Why did you decide to dress as an angel? Like... Are you trying to make fun of me?"

Sulfus shakes his head, putting both hands up. "Absolutely not. I just wanted us to be closer. I thought that if I dressed like this, then you and I wouldn't have to be so different, you know?"

I look him up and down, then lean against the rail to look over the city. "We aren't so different, Sulfus. Not anymore. You might not understand how I felt being a devil with an Angel's halo... Or now, being an angel with a devil's horns. But there isn't anything that makes us different from each other."

"What do you mean?" He turned to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I feel the heat rising through my body, and I tried to stay calm, but my heart was racing all over again. "Well... We're both devils now. Complete devils.. there isn't anyone stopping us.. other than us. There is a chance I could get my halo back... But I-"

"Do you want your halo back?" He asked, rather than sounding concerned, he seemed curious, and it wasn't like he was trying to pressure me, unlike the other angels.

"I... I don't know. Now that I'm not really mad anymore, I do want to try things with you, but..."

Sulfus smiles, "That's good enough for me. I don't care whether you're an angel or a devil, you're Elos, and I... Elos..." He moved his hand to my cheek, a soft touch that made the butterflies in my stomach quiver. "Elos... Look at me."

I don't know when I did it, but apparently I started looking at my feet at some point, I mean, I feel like I'm going to burst into flames, so maybe that might be distracting me from the conversation. Either way, if I look at him, my heart is literally going to burst... I think.

"Elos, please. Look at me."

I lift my head and soon my eyes lock with his and I forgot how to breath. His smile made me want to sing, or scream, or faint, or all three at the same time.

He looks around to make sure we're alone, then leaned in, whispering, "Whether you're an angel or a devil, you are you, Elos. I love you, no matter what we are, I know my feelings for you are real... What about yours?"

I can't breathe, I can't even think straight, I remember this feeling, when Sulfus and I originally got together under that spell, only, it wasn't as intense as this. Maybe it's because he makes an effort to understand me, or maybe I'm just that weak, but... I might just be falling for him for real.

Maybe that isn't a bad thing... Maybe this is what I want this time. I don't think I'm being controlled, at least, I hope I'm not.

Let this be real.

My heart can't take it-