Love for an Angel (Sulfus v.) (end)

It's been some time since Reina was defeated and our vacation was announced. That first day, I went to look for Elos, but she was nowhere to be found, knowing her, she probably just needed some time to herself... But Elos usually doesn't disappear for longer than a day.

I know that she was avoiding us, both angels and devils, but I have no idea what kind of thoughts are going through that pretty little head of hers, and I know I can't confront her by myself, not can I find her by myself, so I had to, very reluctantly, ask Raf for her help.

Raf wants to find Elos too, but I don't really care about that as long as I get to see Elos before it's too late. I think I've been more than patient enough already.

Raf found Elos first, turns out, Elos has been with that earthly one she likes so much. I don't like him, I hate that Elos spends so much time with him, but I'm not jealous or anything, he's just annoying. There's no way that earthly one could ever compete with me."

Raf and I approach them in our earthly forms, I'd ditch her if she didn't help me.

"Hey, El."

The second Elos turns around, our eyes meet and it's like the first time all over again. I feel like her eyes are meant for me. The only problem is, that earthly one she hangs out with so much. He places his hand on her shoulder like it's natural, and it annoys me.

"Elos, are you okay?"

Elos is just fine with him touching her, answering him before even talking to us, "Yeah, that's my friend Raf and this is..."

I cut her off, slapping his hand off her shoulder while staring him down. "Her boyfriend, Sulfus. And I'm here to talk to my girlfriend, is that a problem?"

I'm very selfish, especially when it comes to Elos, but I do know my limits. Jace is one of her friends and I respect that. He seems like a nice guy, and I absolutely hate him.

"Alright, I'll be by the bench, if you need me, I'll come right over." Jace said, then he just walked off.

"Who does that guy think he is just touching you like that!" I fold my arms and grumble mostly to myself.

Elos giggles, it's so cute I forget that I was upset. "He's just a friend, you know that." She smiled, and I had to do everything in order to stop myself from hugging her then and there.

I click my teeth, at least to try and seem mad. "Yeah, yeah but you've been avoiding everyone these days, have you been with him the entire time?"

She shakes her head, fumbling with her fingers behind her back, like she does when she's nervous. "No, I've been all around..."

Raf comes out of nowhere and hugs her, so now I can't even talk to her because she's distracted by that angel.

Honestly, I don't even know what I want to say to her yet, I mean, I know that I wanted to talk to her but now that we're here, I don't know what to say. We've been through a lot, and in the end, we chose to stay together, in this relationship. Now we have this vacation ahead of us and we're supposed to be separated.

Maybe some space would be good for us, but we have a very stable connection, I don't think there's any reason we'd have to be apart, other that the rules that say Angels and Devils can't be together, but we never cared about that.

"This is just annoying to think about..." I mumbled to myself, then kick a pebble at Raf's back to get her to leave. The she said her goodbyes to Elos, finally, so now I have her to myself.

I glance over at Jace, and just got a little more annoyed, so I grab her hand and take her to the bus. "Let's go somewhere more private." We get on and ride mostly in silence. At first, I didn't know where I wanted to go, but then I remembered the beach.