A lonely Angel pt. 2

"Kilin, what should I do? I have the first move with Andrew, I need him to see the consequences of his actions." I look to my mascot, the Griffin flying next to my head. Although I can understand him, it doesn't seem like he's making any sort of noise.

"Well, yes, I know that, I just don't want Sulfus to beat me. Raf thinks I can do this, so I have to do this to prove her right.... Oh come on, Kilin! You like her too. She was the only Angel that didn't see us any differently because of my wings and your size." I pet the little Griffin on his back until we heard barking behind us.

When we turned, a dog was staring straight at us.

"Hm. Why is it barking? It shouldn't be able to see us... Ah... I have an idea!" I smiled as a boy came out to tame the dog and Kilin and I set off.

"Kilin, activate metamorphosis." At my words, my mascot began to glow and my outfit began to change, then my wings and halo disappeared and I could no longer fly. I appeared as a normal human girl, in normal human clothes. "How do I look? Nothing out of place?"

Kilin gave me a coo of approval, so we set off to put our plan into action. We borrowed some dogs from the animal shelter, then guided them so they would run behind Andrew's bike while he rode it.

"Pardon me! Coming through!" I pretended to trip and let the dogs go. Honestly, watching that kid bike like his life depended on it brought me more joy than actually resolving the situation. Maybe I am a bad angel.

I whistled as I walked calmly down the sidewalk, following the path of the dogs that were long out of sight. I took my time in getting to the school to pick up the dogs, and pretended like I was running the entire time.

"Oh, thank you so much! I don't know what happened... If it weren't for you, these dogs would have hurt that poor boy." I said in a sickly sweet tone, smiling all the while. The boy didn't say anything, just handed me the leashes for the dogs and walked off.

"Good job, Andrew was supposed to help Jacob, not the other way around." Sulfus laughed, smirking like he already won.

"Keep laughing, little devil." I giggled and started taking the dogs back in order to prepare for tomorrow.

In all honesty, that was the most fun I've had my entire life. Dogs are actually very cute and some are fluffy, but they're super sweet and cuddly. I guess I never noticed because I've always has Kilin.

"Well, Kilin. What do you want to do?" I look over to my mascot and he started leading me somewhere. Along the way, I look at all the scenery the earthly realm has to offer. Humans are so strange, and interesting.

All humans look different, they have their own interests, styles, lives... They like different music, cloths, dances, they're so independent and care free. I can see why Angel's and Devil's exist in this world for the humans, this world has too many options, too many opportunities for things to go wrong.

For the first time in a long time, I saw my reflection. I didn't mean to look at myself, but I could see in the glass what I looked like. Even as a human, I look just like any other angel in a human form. My clothes are light colors, I have the air of an angel, and I do believe that I am kind, like an angel. Raf said I'd make a fine angel, I want to believe her.

"I'm just like any other Angel.... Right, Kilin?"

My Griffin friend stopped flying forward and looked back at me, cooing in agreement.

"Yeah. You're right. I don't need anyone else.... We're okay together." I smile at him, then leave my reflection behind to follow my little Mascot.