Epilogue: Sunny College 2

Elos had arrived at their destination with the devils, but had to split up from them to find her room. As soon as the school heard Elos would be attending, a private van was supplied just for her, for reasons unknown to her.

The moment she entered the room she was in awe of how spacious it was, and how nicely it was decorated.

"Kilin, isn't this pretty cool? I'm so excited I might become an angel again." She joked with her griffin friend, and began unpacking her bag. After a minute of being in her room, a familiar sense of panic began to set in. Her sensitive 6th and 7th senses alerting her to dangers towards herself, as well as thought around her.

She didn't know what to make of these alarms in her head, so she pushed them back and turned her attention to exploring the room. On the desk, there was an invitation to a party where masks were required, as well as being in terrestrial form, which she has no problem with. The only thing was the simple fact that she had to wear a dress.

Elos mulled over ideas for dresses, until there was a knock at the door. She answered, because of course she would, and there was an angel she had never seen before. He was beautiful, and definitely on the older side, most likely a counselor.

He smiled at her, and for some reason her heart skipped. It wasn't the first time Elos had to do a double take just off someone's appearance, but it was definitely rare and every time it would irritate her.

"Well, hello. I knew we'd be getting several beautiful new angels, but no one told me the most lovely of them all would have horns."

Elos felt the heat rising to her face, and she cleared her throat. "Sweet words coming from the instructor himself. I'm honored, but also taken."

The angel chuckled, "Come on, I didn't mean it in any special way." He winked, and Elos turned on her heel to find something in the room that she could straighten.

"Whatever. What is it that you want, sir?"

"Straight to business then. I like that." He whispered just loud enough for the girl to hear. At this point, she didn't know if he was trying to get a rise out of her, or kill her, but the internal squeal made it obvious which one was more likely to happen.

"I would rather we finish this quickly, sir. I'm trying to decide on a dress." She took a deep breath, then picked up a notebook and began writing in it, or at least, trying to.

"Of course, miss Elos. We understand that you don't have much control over your form, however, we'd like it if you could return to angelic form, if possible." He leaned against the doorway. "Just a request, you can ignore it if you want, little sun flower."

Elos, shooed him away, "Okay, whatever, I'll try, just leave!"

The angel nodded, a smile still plastered on his face as he closed the door and stepped away.

It was in this moment, Elos realized she really is a sucker for pretty faces, but still, the most beautiful person to her was, is, and will likely forever be Sulfus, but that angel is a close second.

And all of a sudden, her head was filled with Sulfus yet again, and she thought about the kind of suit he might wear to the party.

"Kilin, activate metamorphosis: to tempt and protect."

Kilin allowed her to take terrestrial form, for better or for worse. The dress she chose was midnight blue, with stars like the night sky, and shimmering as if they twinkled, and a mask to go with it.

Once she was ready, she made her way to the party right on time, walking in behind the group who she started regular school with, though they didn't seem to notice her. She looked around, watching the humans dance and have fun, along with the angels she could only make out by their hair colors and voices.

Elos never forgets a voice, no matter how insignificant, she will always remember and be able to distinguish which voice belongs to who. Not that it matters.

Elos tried to hang out on the wall and not bring attention to herself, but it seemed like every other person wanted to talk to her, even people she didn't know. It made her a tad upset, but she was nearly getting used to the attention, then a certain pair of golden eyes met hers and the world paused around them.

For him, even the sound of the loud music was drowned out, and his heart raced in his chest. Only one person had ever given him this feeling, this heat in his stomach, and looking into those lavender/violet eyes made him more certain than anything else.

He went over to her, gently taking her hand, pulling her back to reality. "Would you like to step outside?"

Elos could only nod in response and let him lead her away to the empty yard and tables that were sent out for guests. The wind was strong, and strangely comforting, because it was at least something that drowned out the sound of her heartbeat. It was nothing like when it skipped for that instructor, it was completely different.

Sulfus took off his mask as soon as heade sure they were alone. "You look stunning, El."

Elos smiled, then took her mask off as well. "Thanks, you look very handsome in that suit."

Sulfus chuckled, "I envy the earthly one that saw you before me."

Elos giggled, nervously playing with the ends of her hair.

Sulfus noticed her ears turning a shade of pink, and he casually wrapped an arm around her waist.

Everything stopped for her and she tensed up. The butterflies she felt in her stomach grew impossibly fast.

"Hm, this reminds me of our first kiss. In front of the portrait room door. You were absolutely freaking out." He teased, but definitely wasn't calm either, even his natural smirk was wavering.

Elos took a deep breath, then another, and another. She closed her eyes for a moment to mentally prepare herself before wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling them closer together, and they could both feel each other's hearts pounding.

"I'm not the only one, why can't you just admit it?" She teased, smirking through the nerves.

Sulfus's smirk turned into a natural, soft smile that he's only ever shown her before, and he started at her with a tenderness not commonly found in devils. "I admit it now. You...everything you do is so alluring to me. I just love you so much, El. I don't know what to do with myself sometimes."

Elos squealed, much against her will, and if she were blushing any more her face may have caught fire. "Just... Keep loving me, just as much as I love you."

"No, I think I'll love you, even more than that." He whispered, leaning down just so their foreheads touched. "I keep finding more and more things to love about you, my angel."

Elos's heart jumped, and she lightly brushed her lips against his, only for a split second, but that was enough. The second she tried to pull away, he curled his fingers in her hair and pressed their lips together again. It was hot, her soft lips against his made his mind go blank, and hers stop for all it was worth. They could feel each other's heat through their clothes and maybe even a little more than that.

😏I leave it up to interpretation.