Trapped pt. 5

Sulfus and I were taken to the respective infirmaries for Angels and Devils. I was left alone to rest, but I can't help tossing and turning, wanting to see my devil friend.

"Sulfus... Please be okay... I... Care for you like no other angel." I mumbled to myself, pacing back and forth in the examination room. On one hand, I could go see him in the Devil examination room, but that's against the rules, on the other hand, I could stay here and freak out over it.... Luckily, I don't care much for rules.

I didn't even weigh my options for longer than five minutes, I want to see Sulfus, I will see Sulfus. I want to be with him, by his side. So that's what I do. I fly over to the room Sulfus is resting in and sit at his side.

The sight of him in so much pain hurts me, more than when I felt my earthly one being taken from me.

"I... Never thought I could say this to.. anyone... But... Sulfus I truly care for you, from the bottom of my angelic power, with everything that I am, I..." My hand moves on its own to touch the devil's cheek. "I... More than anything... I... Want to be someone to you. For you."

I lean down until our noses touched. In my head, I knew what I wanted to do was wrong. To break the final V.E.T.O between angels and devils, for this devil, is a sin even an angel can't return from, but.. my heart... In my heart, I want this. I want this more than anything, but...

Not like this.

He isn't even looking at me. He's too injured. I can't do anything like this, it would be wrong.

I sit back up and just cover my face with my hands when I heard a familiar voice calling out to me.

"Elos! Sulfus!"

I look at the door and what do you know, its Raf and Sweet with the two female devils I never learned the names of.

Like magic, everything around us vanished and we all ended up back where we started, in the challenge room.

I got very dizzy and for a minute, I forgot everything that happened. Sulfus came walking towards me, rubbing his stomach.

"Ugh, what happened?"

I shake my head and rub the back of my neck. "Nothing happened, Sulfus. Nothing at all." I start walking away when someone grabbed my wrist. It was Sweet.

"Hey, we just went through a lot to save you guys... Is there anything you want to tell us?"

I yanked my hand away, rolling my eyes. "I never asked for your help. Just leave me alone, okay. Also, don't tell the profs about this. If you do, we're all gonna get chewed out." I tuned and walked straight back to my room to calm myself down. Honestly, I just hope no one saw what I was about to do to Sulfus...