A lonely Angel pt. 3

Kilin brought me to the earthly ones' park, where nature was prevalent. The colorful flowers, small fuzzy earthly ones known as squirrels and other creatures called bugs, or insects. It's a lovely place.

"This is nice, Kilin. The sun feels good, and it's mostly empty, so... I can talk to you in peace, while still in earthly form. I didn't think I'd like this form so much, but now I feel like I belong.

Kilin smiles about as best he can with a beak and lands in my lap so I can pet him. For a while, it's peaceful. No one bothers us. From time to time, people would walk by and give me strange looks, but they did nothing.

Until one person, a boy, about the same age as my assigned earthly one, came over to me. He looked a bit nervous, and his face was a bright shade of pink.

"U-uh, hey, sorry to bother you, but um..." He took a deep breath, then points at the spot next to me. "Can I sit?"

I stare at the boy for a minute, then I guess I must of gave him a strange look, because he appeared to get more nervous by the second.

"Well, it's a public bench." I giggled and moved over so they would have more space.

The earthly one finally put a smile on his face and sat in the spot next to me. He was quiet for a while, glancing at me, then glancing at the group of other earthly ones that were a bit of a ways away.

I tilt my head to the side, because he obviously had something to say, and I'm a very curious angel. I know I'm supposed to go back to school now, but it's boring there, no angel really talks to be other than Raf and her friend.

"If you have something to say, I don't bite. You don't have to be so nervous."

The boy turned to me, seeming to have calmed down at least a little. "Yeah, sorry. It's just, my friends and I saw you over here, and you look about the same age as us, but we've never seen you around before. Uh, basically, I'm asking if you're new here?"

"I am new here. It's nice to meet you." I held out my hand and he took it.

"My name's Jace. It's nice to meet you too, um..." His face started getting red again.

I gave his hand a light shake, then pulled it back. "Elos, my name is Elos."

"Elos... Pretty..." Was all I could make out of his words since he had lowered his voice to the point of muttering.

"Hm? I didn't catch that."

"N-n-nothing! Nothing important, anyway. So Elos, do you go to the school here?" Jace smiled at me.

"Yes, I started not too long ago, so I'm still getting used to it. What about you? Have you lived here long?" I asked, excited to finally be talking with someone other than Kilin for the first time in a while. I mean long conversations, not just exchanging a few words.

"Yeah, I grew up here. It's a nice place, I promise!" He laughed. "There's a great smoothie place right around here, if you want we can get some and I can show you around?"

I tilt my head, knowing just how much of a bad idea this probably is, but I don't really care about all that. "Sure, if you feel like it. I don't really have anything else to do."

"Yes you do." A familiar voice said behind me. I turned to look and was met with the eyes of my devil counter part in earthly form. "This isn't very angelic of you, Elos."

"Aw... I was found already." I sighed.

"Who is this, a friend of yours?" Jace asked, with that same smile on his face, looking between us.

"Me? Friends with him? No way." I fold my arms over my chest and look away from him.

Sulfus rolls his eyes. "As if. Anyway, beat it, she has to leave. Let's go Elos."

I sigh and get off the bench, waving at Jace. "Bye Jace, we'll meet again sometime, then we can get smoothies and walk around together."

Jace nods and waved at me. Sulfus made sure I was walking with him, like I'm some lost puppy or something.

"Did you HAVE to interrupt? I was gonna get a free smoothie.." I sighed again, both of us returning to our original forms once we were out of sight of the earthly ones.

"For an angel, you don't follow rules very well do you."

"Since when do devils care about the rules?" I rolled my eyes and started petting Kilin.

"Since when did Angels try to break them." He raised an eyebrow. "They're looking for you and they think I had something to do with you not coming back, I'm not taking the wrap because some angel finally wants to have some fun."

"Aw, they're looking for me already? I thought I could get away for another few hours.... Oh well. So, how much trouble do you think I'm in?"

Sulfus shrugged, then we both took off towards the school.

"I was just... A little lonely..." I mumbled to myself as we got back to the school. I knew I was about to be lectured, I knew, but that doesn't mean I was ready.