Caves of Obscurity pt. 2

I yawn while being waved around by the strange octopus/spider creature that grabbed hold of Helen and I. This just goes beyond my limit of 'what the devil'. The thing has black stripes on it's white body, which reminds me of the Minotaur Sulfus and I faced just weeks before.

"Sulfus, stay away! This will be okay." I tied to sound calm, but being waved around rapidly does something to your voice that usually makes a person sound panicked.

"You know me better than that! Fire fly!" He shouted as his wings changed and a blaze of fire shot from his hands.

The beast, whatever it is, ends up eating the fire, and it cried, releasing Helen and I from it's slimy, squishy grasp.

My first instinct leads me to catch Helen and take her to the safety of dry land. The second I set her down I was grabbed again, shuddering in disgust.

"Elos!" Sulfus shouted, hurling fire ball after fire ball at the tentacle holding me, to no avail. Eventually, Sulfus gets himself snatched by a tentacle as well, and we're both starting to be dragged down into the deep pool of water.

Neither one of us can hear each other, sound doesn't travel through water very well, but I do have a way to communicate.

'Change fly: Mind Link.' My wings become a a bit like a web and an ability came to me. From my wings a thread links my mind, to the devil's. I can hear his thoughts, even ones that send my heart on a race, but for now I need to ignore them. Our safety is what's important right now.

'Sulfus, you can hear me, right?'

Sulfus looks around. 'Elos..? How-'

'No time! There's a monster down there, we need a plan!'

At my words we both look at the gigantic mouth that appears ready to eat us, and this stupid creature that's holding us.

I look over at him. 'If I can get you out, do you think you could knock this thing down?'

'Of course! But be careful, Elos.'

I nod, then let my wings change into dark, misty clouds which began to fill the water, and soon get sucked into the strange squid's mouth. The smokey mist made the creature cough, hard, and release Sulfus.

Sulfus used his body fly wings to bulk up enough to kick the beast into the mouth at the bottom of this water pit. The beast released me after being hit and I took Sulfus's hand while we began our swim to the surface.

Once we were both on dry land, I let go of him, putting my hands on my hips.

"You made it!" The earthly ones run over to check on us.

"Well. That was exciting." I said mostly as a joke, waving at the earthies.

"You said it." Sulfus chuckled, before we actually paid mind to the humans.

The humans look at each other, then back at us. "So, who are you?"

I stretch my wings, pointing at the dark halo hovering over my head. "I'm an angel that's been assigned to guard you girls."

"And I'm a devil. It's my job to tempt." Sulfus chuckled, it's so cute.

The girls get a confused look on their face, looking at each other, then back at me. "You're kidding, right?"

"No. And it doesn't matter anyway, you won't remember a thing in a second." I smile at them, humming a soft tune.

"What do you mean? There's no way I'm.... G.. gonna..." The male earthly one yawns, then sits on the ground, followed by the other two earthly girls. "W-what going on?" He yawned again, laying on the ground.

I continue to hum the same time until they fall into a deep slumber, then Sulfus and I move to a place where they wouldn't see us if they woke up.

"They're going to forget everything that happened. All we need to do now, is get them out of here." I lower myself to the ground, putting my hands on my hips, trying not to think about what the boy must've heard when he was able to hear my thoughts. "Kilin, activate metamorphosis."

I smile at my mascot, then look at the devil who hasn't taken his eyes off me once since, well, this entire time really. "What's up little devil?"

Sulfus lands on the ground in front of me, taking my hands into his. "Well, earlier, when you linked our minds... You could hear everything I was thinking, right? I mean... I could hear your thoughts too.."

Well, there goes my calm and cool act. I'm lucky that my face hasn't burst into flames yet, and my heart hasn't beat out of my chest. Sulfus knows I like him. No, he probably always knew. I mean, I have basically liked him since we first met. The level of respect I got from this devil, the first devil to truly treat me like an angel... How could I not have feelings for him?

"S-So you know that I...." I mumble, turning my face so that my hair can hide the blush on my cheeks.

"I do, and I feel the same way about you, Elos. For a while I thought you knew how I felt, but seeing your reaction, I guess I didn't make it clear." He chuckled, that cool, devilish laugh that makes me weak at the knees.

I take a deep breath, trying to think rationally, but also lean closer to him, just loving being near him, which is unangel like of me. "Sulfus... I don't want to break the final veto... But I do want to have something with you, even though we're an angel and a devil."

"Don't tempt me, Elos." He smiled, moving his arms down to my waist, holding me as close as possible. The veto we break all the time doesn't even matter now, it's nothing compared to the veto we want to break at this point.

"Hey... Let's get into earthly form, quick."

Sulfus tilts his head, but lets me go to talk to his mascot. "Basilisk, activate metamorphosis. To curse and confuse."

Both of us change into our earthly forms, the second we did, I tore a thin cloth from my sleeve and held it up.

"Hm? What's that for?" Sulfus looks at the cloth curiously, which only made me smile, before I leaned towards him, using the cloth as a medium to press my lips against his. Even with something between us I could feel the warmth and softness of his lips, my heart running laps in my chest, and Sulfus was hardly any better.

Through my narrowed eyes I could see the blush on his face and his golden eyes. I could feel his heart beat, it was probably even faster than mine. It took him a minute, but he kissed me back with the same softness I gave him, through that cloth, the only thing keeping us from really breaking the veto. He holds me as close to his body as he could get me, and I didn't even try to run away. The earthly ones can wait, I need Sulfus right now.

We ended up staying like that for a bit, Sulfus tried to move the cloth sometimes, but I would move it back before he kissed me again. I'm still not ready to break that final veto, but now I'm so tempted. When we were done, both of us were a blushing mess, but happy. And now we just have to save our earthly ones, and for that I had a brilliant plan. One that was simple and easy.