The truth

As if things couldn't get any worse, I let that dream get to me, and I couldn't begin to worry about what it meant, since there, in the corner, was the very being that caused this mess in the first place.

"Reina..." I stared at her. She looked surprisingly familiar, like, she reminds me of someone I know, but I don't know who.

The other two got up and stood between the woman and I, I guess I am pretty shocked, I don't even know what kind of face I'm making.

"It's my great pleasure to finally meet you in person." The woman said with a cold smile on her face. She looks almost robotic, I can't believe she's even real.

"Maybe for you, but not for us!" Raf glared at her.

"And you won't find it such a pleasure either!" Sulfus got ready to attach, but I grabbed his pants leg, snapping out of my initial shock.

"Wait! We can't... We can't fight her, not now."

"What do you mean, Elos!?" He snapped at me, but covered his mouth as soon as he was done. "S-sorry I didn't mean to-"

I let him go and got myself up off the floor. "I know, Sulfus... Cool down." I pushed the two of them behind myself again, knowing that my power works better on the creatures of limbo than theirs.

Sulfus has a hot temper, and Raf is hardly any different. It's like they're cut from the same cloth... Almost... Perfect for each other. That thought haunts me, but I know Sulfus feels nothing for Raf, and as long as I'm around, he never will.

"Let's listen to what she has to say. We wouldn't win a fight against her. In fact, we'd likely die. So zip it and listen to me." I spoke as calmly as I could, my eyes never leaving Reina's for a second.

"Oo, I really like you." The woman laughed. "Would you like some tea?"

"No, we're not thirsty, miss, also, forgive me for not trusting anything you give us."

Reina smiles, having at staff, "I'm honestly surprised you can even stomach being in the same room as the two of them, seeing as they're the ones to made you a devil.

Raf shouts, "That's because you tricked us! I never would've kissed Sulfus otherwise!"

"Yeah, and there no way I would've kissed Raf! You made me believe she was Elos!" Sulfus growled.

I hold up one of my hands, "Quiet, she's trying to provoke us. Just let me handle it... This is what I do best." I turned and smiled at them, then looked back at Reina who was just having a grand time watching us.

"We'll listen, but that's all. Nothing else. Give Raf and Sulfus back their friends right after."

Reina chuckles, "Alright, alright. All of you will leave here unharmed, since you're so cooperative. But you've always been like that, haven't you Elos. Poor little thing, you've been lied to your whole life, but Raf has too, hasn't she."

Raf and I look at each other, then back at her, "First, proof that the angels and devils are okay."

Reina waved her staff and showed us a real time image of the other six trying to figure out what was going on. "There, happy?"

Sulfus narrows his eyes, "how do we know this isn't another trick, like when you let that spider bite us and make us fall in love."

Reina smirks, "It wasn't just the spider than made you fall in love."

"...Okay, so the spider didn't create the feelings between Sulfus and I, what did it do? And how is Raf involved in this."

"The spider served to limit the effects of the veto on you two, at least, while you were an angel." She laughed, "As for Raf, you need her in order to discover what you are."

I freeze for a minute and Raf takes over asking questions.

"Why did you do this to them?"

"Because, I believe everyone should be free to explore their love, and anyone who is against their love is the enemy." Reina got out of her chair.

"The teachers are not our enemies! Besides, because of you, Sulfus and I committed a sacrilege and hurt Elos so bad that she-"

"That I what. Fell from grace. Lost my halo. Was consumed by my own insecurity..? What!? Why did you do this to me!? What am I that's so interesting, I just HAD to find out the way I did!" I lost my cool when I came to, 'what am I' is a question I've asked more times than I can count, but when I was with Sulfus, I accepted that I was an angel. When he and Raf hurt me, I accepted that I was a devil, but it shouldn't have been that easy, right?

Reina seemed pleased with my outburst, and her smile grew, "You see, you and Raf are nothing like other angels, or any celestial for that matter. You both are very special, because neither of you were born as angels."

My heart stopped and there was a ringing in my ear. "I... I wasn't... Born the way that... I am..? How.. how is that possible...?" My legs gave out under me as the shock crashed over.

"I... I was something... I was something else... Th-that means someone.... Made me like this? B-but why... Why would they... They just abandoned me! Why!? I was so alone... So scared.. I was.. so paranoid.. for something that isn't even my fault!?"

"Elos!" Sulfus wrapped his arms around me, holding me close, while Raf was just barely hanging on better than I am.

I couldn't hear anything else, I couldn't see, I'm not even sure if I was breathing, but I do remember her last words to us.

"If you ever want to know what you are, come to me."

I have to go back. I don't need sleep, I need answers.