Love Bug

We angels have been left alone for two days while our professor went to speak with the High Spheres. Everyone seemed so excited... Well, everyone except me.

I decided I would just stay in my room and wait until something happened with my earthly one. The only thing I really need to worry about is the report on me anyway. There's nothing I dislike more than being the center of attention, so I try to avoid public spaces as much as angelically possible.

Knock
Knock
Knock

"Elos, are you in there? It's Raf, Sweet, Urie, and Miki. We wanted to invite you to eat with us, if you don't mind." Raf said softly at the door, as if she were trying to coax a kitten out of hiding.

I, very reluctantly, get out of bed and open the door to peek my head out. "... Okay.. but you get me cake." I laughed a little with a smile on my face.

Raf happily pulls me out of my room and held my arm as we all flew to the dining area with the others.

Miki giggles, "Well, that was easier than expected. I thought she'd hide for longer."

Urie laughs, "Raf is like her best friend! Of course she could get Elos out of her shell!"

"U-um... You're Raf's best friend.. I'm just... Some angel." I mumbled, feeling kind of shy all of a sudden.

Sweet spoke up, "Nonsense! You're a brilliant angel who beat your devil multiple times in a row! "

I can feel my skin getting a little warm and I start attempting to hide behind Raf. "W-Well... I...."

"Awwe! She's a shy angel!" Urie giggled with the other three soon starting to giggle with her. What do they expect? I'm not used to being complemented by other angels!

"Okay girls, that's enough, you're gonna make her heart stop!" Raf giggled as we all sat at one of the tables. "I'll get you that cake, Elos!" She said while flying to the area.

I smile at her back, then look down at my lap because I feel eyes on me again. Particularly on my wings. My black feathered wings with purple tips. These wings that aren't commonly seen among angels.

Miki suddenly stood up and she slammed her palms on the table, which seemed to get everyone's attention. "Hey! Don't you have something better to do? It's rude to stare at people! Look, you're clearly making her uncomfortable. She's an angel just like the rest of us. There's nothing to see here."

The Angels behind me dispersed and I feel a twinge in my chest, one that just wouldn't go away. Miki stood up for me, even though she didn't have to. She spoke as if she could read my mind.

"You did the same for Urie, and Sweet, and even Raf. You'd probably do the same for any angel, wouldn't you." She smiled and sat down across from me.

I nod in agreement with her, smiling to myself with Kilin at my side. "Thanks, Miki. I really appreciate it."

Our lunch goes just about how we wanted it to. I got my cake. Urie got her cake, but unfortunately, the devils had to come and ruin a good moment. Well, we didn't exactly make it easy for them. Plates of food were flying everywhere, each of us aiming at our adversary.

It was actually really fun, even though we made a huge mess. I managed to dodge everything Sulfus threw at me, and even hit him with some pasta that was sitting around.

It was all fun and games until I got hit in the face with a piece of cake for the third time.

"Okay, that's enough!" I flew into the air so I could stare down at the devils. "If it's a fight you want, let's take care of it in the challenge room."

It seemed all of us were in agreement over it, all of us except Miki and Raf. Urie, Sweet, and I all made our way to the room with the devils following our lead. The landscape we picked was a desert, and there was no way we were playing nice with these devils.

"So why'd you bring us to the desert?" The hotheaded devil asked, already having his panties in a twist.

"Duh, can't hurt anyone here." I rolled my eyes.

The more mature female devil piped up. "You're the ones we're going to hurt."

Sweet glared at her. "I wouldn't be so sure of that." She moved forward, and chanted, "Video fly." Her wings changed and soon the projection of an archangel robot came to life on the sand.

"Woah... That's amazing, Sweet!" I clapped my hands, hovering next to her.

"Thank you!" She giggled.

We couldn't enjoy the moment too long since that devil, Sweet's enemy, the more mature female devil, had transformed into some kind of reptile to try and destroy the archangel.

Naturally, she failed, and Sulfus intervened by setting the robot on fire. Urie used her wings to summon storm clouds and out out the fire, and right after, Sulfus asked me to leave the challenge room with him.

I only left because I was curious. Nothing more. I think...