Tournament of Light and Dark pt. 2

I'm exhausted. Too exhausted to care about one of us getting expelled if the angels lose the tournament. If we win, we'll gain the power of projection, or whatever. I don't care about any of that, why is Sulfus sitting so close to that Guardian devil, I already forgot her name, but it's on the tip of my tongue.

I've been having this bad feeling all day, and I don't think it's just because I'm tired, there's something wrong and my feathers know it. While others are having their discussions, I'm too lost in my own head to worry about losing.

Gabriel had gotten on my last nerve, so has that Guardian devil. Seriously, who do they think they are to literally harass Sulfus and I like they have been? They're acting strange.

The orb of destiny chooses who we face in the tournament and I could only hope that I didn't have to face Sulfus. My hopes were answered, but now I wish I hadn't.

Sulfus and Raf got pitted together for some reason, this also didn't sit right with me, not because I'm jealous or anything, but...

I might be a bit jealous, this much is true, I mean, the glyphs in those ruins clearly showed someone who looked like Raf and another who looked like Sulfus, kissing, but those are just old pictures on a wall.

".....What is this... What's going on... Why is it like this..." I mumbled to myself, nervously biting on my nail.

"Um, hey, Elos, don't worry..." Sweet out a hand in my shoulder, but it only made me more upset. To keep calm, I just stormed out of the challenge room.

"Elos!!"

I don't know what's wrong with me. My head hurts, my chest is screaming and I'm irritated beyond what i can control.

I'm an angel.

An angel.

What I'm feeling right now isn't very angelic. I feel sick, nauseous and dizzy. I can't fly straight, and my body is feeling heavy.

"El-"

I'm angry, and sad in one.

"Ugh... Dammit... Dammit... Dammit!" For some reason, my chest feels heavier than what it had earlier, I can't move anymore, I feel so weak.

"El-!"

"Why... Why am I like this...? I'm supposed to be an angel... Full of love and hope... But I'm angry, so angry at something that isn't even our fault! What is wrong with me!"

"Elo-"

I break down into a mess of tears and random outbursts of anger. My feelings are stronger than what I could ever normally control. There, in the empty hall, all alone, I sit and wallow in my shame and misery.

"T-They were just pictures, they don't mean anything! He's just my Guardian, but he's so annoying! Why is all of this happening to me now! Why was I born like this..... An unloved angel with dark wings and dark powers.... Even the orb doesn't acknowledge me... I'm... A disgrace... Just like they said..."

I sat there, my tears forming a small puddle on the ground as I fall deeper into my own head. It's the first one I've ever let everything out, and I hope that it's the last. All alone like I usually am, no one to comfort or hold me. I don't have friends or a family...

I'm not even a real angel.

No body could ever want-

"Elos!"

Almost like magic, that horrible feeling I was having went away and was replaced by the warmth on my back.

"Elos, can you hear me!?"

I look up at the devil's face, then down at myself. He put a blanket on my shoulders to he could hug me.

"I'll take that as a yes... Are you okay? I came out because you didn't look like you were doing too well, but... I didn't expect that." He put on his gloves, then started wiping my tears away. "Are you jealous of Raf and Misha, because I promise I have nothing going on with them and I trust that you don't have anything going on with that angel guy that's always hanging around you."

"Of course I don't! He's being super clingy for some reason and it annoys me.... I... I'm sorry you had to see me like that. I'm such a disgrace as an angel..." I hang my head in shame. I don't know where that outburst came from. Pent up emotion? Hypnosis? Exhaustion? My head is killing me.

"Hey, hey, I get it. We all go though some level of depression at times, it's more common in the earthly ones, but angels and devil's alike have it rough sometimes, okay? Angels aren't perfect, and neither are devils, it's not good to hold that stuff in, Elos." He spoke to me in an uncharacteristically soft tone, I know he's trying to comfort me.

A devil, comforting an angel... This is quite a day, it really puts a smile on my face.

"Thank you, Sulfus... I'm sorry I ran out like that, honestly I don't know what came over me, it was like the world was crashing in on me all at once and I couldn't deal. It was so strange... All of that went away when you got close to me..."

Sulfus smirks, "Are you saying I take all your worries away, my angel? Because if so, then I'll try and do it more often."

I start giggling, then put on my own gloves, he and I have a matching set, I made them myself. "You're so sweet, how are you a devil?"

"I'm only sweet to you, and I don't want my angel to suffer like this. I've... Never seen you cry before."

I cup his cheeks, smiling at him, "That's because I don't cry. I never cry. So I know that something is seriously wrong here. I just don't know what."

"Well, my angel, let's try and figure it out, but only after the tournament. You don't care who wins and who loses, right?"

"Of course I don't. I wouldn't be the one leaving regardless of the result."

Sulfus nods, then put a finger on his lips, which was a sure fire sign that he wanted a kiss. I did kiss the other side of his finger before we started to go back to the challenge room.

"You are okay now, right?" He asked with concern evident in his eyes, but sarcasm in his voice.

"I am, I promise... I'm not usually so emotional, ever. Something is at work here, and I won't be truly okay until I figure out what's messing with my head."

"We'll find it together, my angel." He winks.

"Whatever you say, my devil." I giggled in return and we put our gloves away.

When we entered the challenge room, all heaven broke loose and a blinding light flashed in our eyes. I didn't have time to thing before Sulfus grabbed me and held my head in his chest to protect me from it, we didn't expect what happened next.

None of us did.