Trapped pt. 3

Sulfus and I take our time exploring the labyrinth. For hours all we do is walk and whisper to each other. Every so often, some of the hieroglyphs on the walls would catch my eye.

It wasn't until I saw the same one twice that I figured it out.

"Sulfus, let's stop here for a minute, I think this is the same image we passed two hours ago..."

"So you're saying we've been going in circles?" He groaned, then leaned on the wall and slid to the floor. "Ugh, I'm exhausted!"

I study the image for a bit, then I sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. "Let's take a break, then find a way out of this labyrinth. There must be a way out..."

Sulfus nodded and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "Right... So are we gonna talk about this, or what."

"Talk about what, Sulfus?"

"Us... I mean, I'm a for breaking the rules, but what about you. There's clearly something between us, and I just wanna make sure you see it too."

I roll my eyes. "I'd have to be blind not to see it. In the beginning, I thought I only felt this way because we broke the V.E.T.O., now I can't get you out of my head... That day we got sick, I only felt better after I saw you.."

"Me too, it was like, every problem I had just, flew into darkness." He chuckled.

I looked at my hands, then touched my face. I am an angel, that has feelings for a devil. I don't know how to handle this, but I have to handle this. This is a rule that should never be broken, but... I've never really cared for the rules anyway.

"Sulfus... If you want to be something, with an angel like me... A fake...or cheap imitation... I don't-"

"Elos, don't talk about yourself like that. You're an angel through and through. So what if you have dark wings and want to break rules from time to time? How does that make you any less of an angel? How does that make you a fake? You were born with a halo, that makes you an angel. You have a good heart, that makes you an angel. And you'd help anyone in need at the cost of yourself... That makes you an angel."

It's weird that a devil is preaching to me about the angelic way, but man does it send my heart pounding.

"You sure know a lot about angels..." I mumbled, and covered my face with both hands.

Sulfus chuckled, "Rather than the stoic one, this shy expression suits you better."

I sigh to myself, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. "You're so going to be the death of me..."

"Is that right? Well I'm glad we're immortal then." He laughed and then he helped me up. "Breaks over, let's get moving."

For once, I'm glad the moment is ruined, because my heart can't take much more of this. What kind of expression am I making? Do I ever make one in the first place? Maybe that's why I don't have any friends....

But if that's true, why do Raf and her friends even bother talking to me? You know what, I'm not angel enough to think about this right now. Labyrinth first. Worries later.

We walk for what feels like hours, and finally end up some place new. A room with a large, ancient hieroglyph on the wall that depicts the past. It really caught my eye because the angel and devil depicted in it look like Raf and Sulfus. The angel is a man with blonde hair and a red streak, and the devil has the same star as the devil beside me.

"What....does this mean?" I look over at Sulfus, who seems just as shocked as I am. For some reason, my chest hurts, like I had been stabbed through the heart.

"It's just some rando drawing. Don't worry about it, Elos." Sulfus said and he pulled me close to him, but that didn't stop the pain in my chest.

"Sulfus..." I look up at him, and I was about to say something, when the ground began to quiver under us, and the loud roar of a monster shook the room.

Behind us was a Minotaur, a violent looking one that had a spiked collar.
In that instance, Sulfus pulled me behind him, and we slowly took a few steps back. "Elos, stay behind me..."

"I should be telling you that.." I mumbled, keeping my eyes on the beast in front of us.

The Minotaur lunged at us and we ducked out of the way. Once we did, the beast crashed into the wall and we took off running. We came to a three way spit and decided to hide in one of the dark halls.

"Sulfus... I think... We should fight it."

"Did you see the same monster I did? We can't!" He whisper shouted.

"We can, we have to... It'll find us eventually... So let's just fight it." I hug onto his arm. "With our powers, we'll be fine."

Sulfus groaned, then nodded. "Okay. Let's fight it."