Temptation

All of us have a history. Our past is what makes us who we are in the present. The past is what prepares us for the future, but what if that past was a carefully crafted lie?

What if, somehow, you found out the life you thought you lived, was a fabrication of those around you. If you found out something you feel so guilty over that it broke you, wasn't even your doing.  If you find out your past is a lie, then what about the future, how do you go on without finding out the rest of the truth.

I need to find out the whole truth, or I'll never have any future.

"So, you came alone today, Elos? Ready to hear more about where you came from?"

I take a deep breath, glaring at the woman who brought my entire world to an end. "I am."

"I must tell you, it won't be ple-"

I cut her off, "I said that I am ready."

Reina nods, "Very well then, let's go in, the night draws near."

I follow her into the dark house, it was a little cold, but nothing I wasn't used to. Sat in one of the chairs, leaning back and just preparing myself.

Reina chuckles, "You really are prepared, but you're shivering, are you cold."

I sigh, "It's nothing I can't handl-"

"Malachi, the fire!"

A strange man with a hood on his head ran in and added fire wood to the fire place. He seemed surprised to see me, but I expect this much.

"Huh, so you really did fall in love with your earthly one." I mumbled.

"Ah, so you know my history?"

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, but I'm not here to talk about you. So get talking. What the hell am I, and why am I like this?"

Reina laughs, sitting across from me with a smile on her face. "Of course. As I have said, you are a creature of limbo, born from a sacrilege."

"But which sacrilege, there have been a surprising amount." I press her for information, and I know I sound pretty hostile, but who can blame me?

"Well, I can tell you it wasn't mine, I was just there when you were born and limbo rippled, creating a child with unimaginable dark power. Before I could even get a hold of you, Limbo rejected your existence and you were pushed out to the celestial plane."

"...That sounds like completely bull..." I tap my cheek, "How do I know you aren't making this up?"

Reina's smile grew as she laughed, "What other proof do you need. I will tell you this, the sacrilege that gave birth is you is partially recorded where the hall of portraits are. There you will be able to find the face of a woman that should look very familiar to you."

My eye twitches, and I know I shouldn't believe her, but I do want answers, and if I have to break all the rules to get them,  I will.

"Fine. I'll open that door." I leave without a second thought, I have to get that door open, but I need an angel to help me open it... But, if I become an angel again, then I could use any of the devils to get that door open. It's a matter of who is the easiest to influence, and if I even can go back to being an angel.

Reina is planning something, my seventh sense is telling me so, but what she said just makes sense. If I don't open that door, I'll never know if she was lying or not.

It's too late to regret not using my power on her, but it's not too late to start trying to think rationally....

Well, if I had a rational bone in my body. Do I even have bones? Ugh, I'm having a crisis only answers will fix!